postage to germany ???????????

Comments

• Have you taken the parcel to the post office, weighed it and asked how much?
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,025
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    Wow... learn something new every day.

I can't see why someone in the euro zone would object to paying with euros though - I'm sure it won't be a problem.

I'm sure German buyers would prefer euros unless they felt the seller was being unfair with their suggested conversion rate.

I only know this as I sell on ebay.com sometimes and read the rules about selling in a different country..I'll never find the specific rule again though..hence no link! Whatever the currency it is listed in, that what you can insist on paying in.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • boots1_2
    boots1_2 Posts: 166
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    hiya i need your help again please

i have had another buyer from czech republic first of all asking if they can bid and have it shipped to friends address in the uk but the will pay from their paypal account in czech

i asked if her friend could pay using there paypal account with confirmed address,they said she will ask but is unsure if has enough funds to cover it,i suggested bank transfer or bankers draft which i stated i would be prepared to wait a while for if needed,the buyer only has low feedback score but has purchased a lot of things from those buyers

this person said she will pay buy it now price which is a lot better than i would expect if doing through auction

is there anything else i can suggest?ps i have just found payperdrop after reading other listings but even after checking if i could send it there the postage would be silly amounts so that rules that out

she said she appreciates my decision but is just trying to come to a reasonable agreement as she wants the clothes,should i be worried and just let this pass by or can someone suggest another way that does not put me at risk of losing any money or goods
    thanks
  • frivolous_fay
    frivolous_fay Posts: 13,302
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    I would go for it if they agree to pay by bank transfer, but sending to an address not shown on the paypal payment... no way.

I don't actually know what currency would be applicable there...?
    My TV is broken! :cry:
    Edit: refunded £515 for TV 1.5 years out of warranty - thank you Sale of Goods Act! :j
  • boots1_2
    Forumite
    hi once more thicko needs your help

the person has agreed to do a bank transfer and forward friends address to me,what details do i need to give her ? should i just give her an account i do not really use because i know frivolous fay said bank details are on a cheque but i am still wary because i have never given my bank details to anyone i dont know before other than large companies,is there any risk at all to fraud on my accounts ?

can the money be claimed back at all after i have released the goods like paypal ?

is there anything else i should be aware of and when i am sending the item should i get it signed for ?

thanks again
    thick stick X
  • boots1_2
    Forumite
    boots1 wrote: »

the person has agreed to do a bank transfer and forward friends address to me,what details do i need to give her ? should i just give her an account i do not really use because i know frivolous fay said bank details are on a cheque but i am still wary because i have never given my bank details to anyone i dont know before other than large companies,is there any risk at all to fraud on my accounts ?

can the money be claimed back at all after i have released the goods like paypal ?

is there anything else i should be aware of and when i am sending the item should i get it signed for ?

thanks again
    thick stick X

sorry i am just bumping this to see if anyone can advise on the above as my items end shortly and the bids have started to arrive and this person said she will pay buy it now am i right in thinking i can end the auction early to highest bidder if it is the person who is going to pay buy it now price {buy it now has diappeared as i had no reserve}
    thanks
  • hi ask your german bidder if they know any squaddies based over there where you can send to a bfpo # it will only cost 13 quid for up to 20 kg
    or it may even be a squaddie
    i know i used to have parcels sent to me for local civies

forgot to mention it is worldwide for 13 quid to all b.f.p.o. # upto 20kg
    (british forces post office)
  • frivolous_fay
    Forumite
    boots1 wrote: »

In short: Bank transfer, risky for buyers, safe for you
    Czech republic - Don't know their currency. Euro=good, anything else, complicated
    Details to give: Account no, Sort code, IBAN, BIC. Address if necessary
    Edit: refunded £515 for TV 1.5 years out of warranty - thank you Sale of Goods Act! :j
  • boots1_2
    Forumite
    In short: Bank transfer, risky for buyers, safe for you
    Czech republic - Don't know their currency. Euro=good, anything else, complicated
    Details to give: Account no, Sort code, IBAN, BIC. Address if necessary

thanks,from googling czech currecy it comes up czech koruna ,when you say complicated is this just with exchange rates or are there likely to be other problems ?
    will my bank charge me for receiving the payment ?{its barclays},can i ask the buyer to cover any costs for receiving and exchange rate etc or would i just have to accept them and are they likely to amount to a lot of money

thanks
  • frivolous_fay
    Forumite
    Yes, complicated with exchange rates, and charges. I wouldn't know how to advise.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure