Free Ikea PAYG mobile sim card plus £3 free credit

Comments

• There is a free mobile network called blyk for 16 - 24 year olds. Free monthly top up of £15 to be spent any way you want. They make money by sending adverts to your handset but ive been with them for almost a year and hardly ever get them!

Just thought you might find this interesting.
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Can't see anything abut free SIMs on the IKEA site, and the site is also dead slow. Probably the after-effect of Martin's newsletter............
  • wild666
    wild666 Posts: 2,117 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I just signed up for a sim from Ikea and you can take the tick out the box to automatically top up if your balance drops below £3 it said I would receive a card in 3 to 5 days
    Someone please tell me what money is
  • Kerfuffle
    Kerfuffle Posts: 1,384 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    I just signed up and told it will be dispatched within 3-5 days, fingers crossed, my first freebie!!
  • catcha125 wrote: »
    Its a good deal, but why go with Ikea when Asda is cheaper. Myself and my family have been with Asda now for a few months and had no problems whatsoever. They use the Vodafone network so we have great coverage, we even kept our own numbers. At 8p per minute to any network and 4p a text you cannot go wrong.:D:D:D:D

I tried the Asda service as I like the cheapest option but the reception was apalling! No signal more often than not so switched to IKEA, its a bit more expensive but at least it works:j. Also I like the online account so you can check your spending. My daughter has vodafone and has the same problem as ASDA.
  • lolly5648
    lolly5648 Posts: 2,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    dave1956 wrote: »
    I tried the Asda service as I like the cheapest option but the reception was apalling! No signal more often than not so switched to IKEA, its a bit more expensive but at least it works:j. Also I like the online account so you can check your spending. My daughter has vodafone and has the same problem as ASDA.

I thought it was just where I lived because I get terrible reception with Vodaphone. I believed they were one of the main suppliers and covered most of the country but my old T-mobile's coverage was much better. Having now travelled with it I think Vodaphone's reception is pants and not to be recommended. Cheap calls with Asda though when you can get through
  • Has anyone done a comparison on here of all the supermarket call and text costs? I'm very tempted by the Asda deal so far!

:T
  • colboy
    colboy Posts: 42 Forumite
    I have had an Asda sim card for about 8 months now and have an O2 phone as backup because I dont recieve text messages until a few hours after they have been sent on the asda phone
  • AP
    AP Posts: 412 Forumite
    First Post
    LauraR123 wrote: »
    Does anybody know of a sim card where you don't need to top up a certain amout each month, just as and when you need to? Its for my dad who doesn't use his phone very much at all. Thanks in advance.

You are under no obligation to top up any PAYG sim cards from any network each month. However, in most cases, the network will give you a certain amount of 'freebies' in terms of extra credits or text messages when you make a monthly top up. If you don't, you simply pay for all calls and texts at the full standard rate without getting any freebies.
  • lolly5648
    lolly5648 Posts: 2,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    AP wrote: »
    You are under no obligation to top up any PAYG sim cards from any network each month. However, in most cases, the network will give you a certain amount of 'freebies' in terms of extra credits or text messages when you make a monthly top up. If you don't, you simply pay for all calls and texts at the full standard rate without getting any freebies.

Quite a few PAYG networks say that you must make at least one chargeable call every 3 or six months (depending upon network) to show that the sim is still valid.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure