Rate changes in articles

Comments

• Can't work out whether the new lastminute.com travel card the cheapest way of spending abroad. Special offer says free foreign exchange fees for life (but doesn't specify whether life of card or holder) - you pay £6.99 for Maestro card, can top up at PayPoint or online for free up to max £3 grand and pay £1.50 for each withdrawal plus 20p per transaction. Thinking of getting one for each of my kids - but not sure if as good as it looks. Comments please. See https://www.travelcash.lastminute.com/aboutus.aspx
  • frannyscho
    frannyscho Posts: 70 Forumite
    Hi,
    I've been hunting for ages on how to get around the Sonycard pulsebeats 0870 number for redeeming your pulsebeats....I got there today...

phone the mbna number starting 0800 and ask them very nicely to transfer you, you then stay on the 0800 number whilst redeeming the points.

Someone may have posted this already but I couldn't find it.
  • From September 28th O2 is charging 17p (ex VAT) on many numbers, particularly those starting with 0844 and they will not be included in any inclusive minutes. Any ideas how to get round this?
  • I recently switched gas & electric to nPower. This week I received a letter stating that the primary block units for gas will be "seasonally weighted", so that winter Kwh's will cost more than summer ones but that over a full year the total cost of gas will be the same. Sounds like a stealth increase to me Is it time to switch again
  • The offer currently on their website's "Special Offers" is only for HALF PRICE eye tests at Dolland & Aitchinson, not a "free eye test" as suggested.

Many thanks for the idea, anyway and SPECIAL thanks for your guidance on getting the best Car Insurance quotation!

Jeff
  • I have just had a letter from Sky credit card notifying me of various changes to the card. Most noticeable are that the Standard Purchase rate is increasing to 24.9%(not bad considering the Base rate is 5%).And secondly they're reducing the minimum monthly payment to 2.5% of the balance. So not only are they increasing the interest rate but they are lengthening the time it will take to pay back if you can only afford the minimum. And I thought banks were meant to be helping us.
  • The ASDA Sim card offer has already run out of stock, which does make you wonder a bit, as the latest email from moneysavingsexpert.com only arrived this morning and it is currently 7.20 am!
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    harrygrout wrote: »
    The ASDA Sim card offer has already run out of stock, which does make you wonder a bit, as the latest email from moneysavingsexpert.com only arrived this morning and it is currently 7.20 am!

Actually Harry - you're one of the luckyones if you got it at 7.20am

The email goes to 2.4m people and at maximum speed we can send it in around 8 hours. Yet we dont as so many people coming to the site at once means it'd probably crash or be very slow.

We tend to send the first batch between 8 and 12 on Tue night for an overnight send to around 1,000,000 people and the rest gradually during the day on a wed.

So the fact the PAYG is out of stock could simply be due to demand since then - we are checking with asda before the next email batch goes out.

Martin :)
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • frivolous_fay
    frivolous_fay Posts: 13,302 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    MSE_Martin wrote: »
    We tend to send the first batch between 8 and 12 on Tue night for an overnight send to around 1,000,000 people and the rest gradually during the day on a wed.

I think I feel foul of this a few weeks back... there was a 'get this TODAY' offer and I got the email the following day :rotfl:
    My TV is broken! :cry:
    Edit: refunded £515 for TV 1.5 years out of warranty - thank you Sale of Goods Act! :j
  • I followed the instructions to the letter and with my free credits I bought an album. Then today (the day after), I received a payment notification from Sky Songs for the cost of the album. I've emailed them querying it and saying it was misleading and unclear.

I think the problem is that the album I bought contains 11 songs. In your article it says 'The free album can be from any of its £6.49 range' and doesn't mention anything about the offer being limited to albums with only 10 tracks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure