Aqua transferring to Progressive Credit Ltd

Hi,

I've had a letter this morning telling me that my Aqua credit card agreement will be transferring to Progressive Credit Ltd as of 1st March 2012. They say in their letter and the online FAQ that only the credit agreement is changing, the details e.g. credit limit, APR, direct debt is staying the same.

Doing a bit of trawling, I understand that Progressive also took over marbles and Citibank cards. As I clear the balance every month and have just been accepted for a main stream credit card, I was going to hold the Aqua in reserve. Is this worth doing if Progressive are in charge or shall I dump it?

Opinions welcome.

Cheers,
TLM

Comments

• izools
    izools Posts: 7,513
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Have you read many of the threads about how Progressive Credit Ltd treated ex-citi customers?

Might be an idea. You'll get your answer then :o :beer:
    Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48
  • chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,859
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    I like this term "
    30. Is my debt still enforceable?

Yes. The status of your credit agreement has not changed and you should continue to maintain your account in accordance with the terms and conditions of your credit agreement.
    "
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,175
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Anyone just had a letter saying they are increasing the APR from June?

Mine arrived today saying it is going up from 39% to 45%.
  • skintdad
    skintdad Posts: 203 Forumite
    i got a mail shot from aqua today asking if id like to apply (part prefilled application form and credit agreement) apr advertised was 35.9%
  • Davie2909
    Davie2909 Posts: 58 Forumite
    I closed my card today! They are putting the apr up to 45.9% for purchases and cash to 49.9% absolutely ludicrous!!
  • camuk81
    camuk81 Posts: 1,559
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Champion guys will reject this hike when I get the letter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts