IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Tesco parking ticket

I have just been to tesco and they have fined me for parking on the white line slightly, I spent over £200 in their shop and this the way they treat customers ! Tesco parking company wants £100 reduced to £60 if paid promptly, they claim to be part of the BPA , and when I asked the warden about the fine he laughed at me and said tough, you will get a ccj even if I appeal this!

I can see people say ignore them, but I am worried as I have enough problems already without threats of court and ccj's , I can't afford to pay this parking fine!

Comments

• Orford
    Orford Posts: 2,199
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    sunny-one wrote: »
    when I asked the warden about the fine he laughed at me and said tough, you will get a ccj even if I appeal this!
    He's either lying or doesn't actually know what he's talking about, that won't happen

I can see people say ignore them,
    That's because it works, time after time after time

but I am worried as I have enough problems already without threats of court and ccj's ,

That's all they are....threats. None of the dire consequences they claim will happen will actually occur.

Keep ignoring
  • sunny-one_2
    sunny-one_2 Posts: 6 Forumite
    What I don't understand and you haven't said is why should I ignore them ? The parking ticket looks official and the warden had on a a full uniform , should I appeal the fine to the council as they say they work in partnership with them or do I just ignore everything ?
  • Tilt
    Tilt Posts: 3,599 Forumite
    edited 5 May 2011 at 2:44PM
    What I don't understand and you haven't said is why should I ignore them ? The parking ticket looks official and the warden had on a a full uniform , should I appeal the fine to the council as they say they work in partnership with them or do I just ignore everything ?

Is it a council issued PCN? If yes post it up so we can see.

If not then basiclly you have been given an invoice which can only appy to the person who parked the car. By ignoring them, they will obtain the RK's details from the DVLA and start sending the RK threat-o-grams.
    for them to take the matter to court, they have many hurdles to solve. First they have to establish who the driver was and you (being the RK) have no obligation to give them that information. secondly, they would have to convince the court that the 'charge' is not in fact a penalty. A private company cannot issue these or fines. So by parking in a free car park, they would stuggle to explain the reason for the charge. So in a nutshell, it is very very unlikely that they will peruse this other than the 5 or 6 nasty letters you will get.

The time to give it more thought is IF you have an official stamped court document drop through your letterbox but untill then, ignore everything and do not contact them.
    PLEASE NOTE
    My advice should be used as guidance only. You should always obtain face to face professional advice before taking any action.
  • sunny-one_2
    Well it says excess charge notice on it , not parking charge notice people say to ignore on here so I am not sure, does that mean it's a council ticket and I must pay ?
  • AlexisV
    AlexisV Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    Only if it says Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 on it.
  • SodG24
    SodG24 Posts: 1,123 Forumite

That's exactly the point of these invoices from a PPC - they want them to look official. If the document doesn't mention it is from your local council - and with charges as high as you mention it won't - then you can ignore it.

If the PPC take it to court ( and they won't ) all they can sue you for is losses incurred. Given this car park has the first two hours for free lets say you stayed for three hours - so their losses would be what you would have paid for half the two hours which is .......... zero. Half of zero is nothing, zilch, zip. So do YOU think they will go to the cost and trouble of sending all those letters ( after paying DVLA £2.50 ) and then the £25 court fees to be awarded nothing ? Of course not.

You should ignore and ignore again. The one action you MUST take is email the Tesco CEO to tell him you don't appreciate being harassed when spending money in HIS store and from now on you will spend your hard earned dosh at Sainsburys / Morrisons / Asda / Waitrose ( if you're a little bit posh ! ).

You can email here -
    [EMAIL="philip.clarke@uk.tesco.com"]philip.clarke@uk.tesco.com[/EMAIL]
    All aboard the Gus Bus !
  • Tilt
    Its good that some members will post sensible, non-patronising and informative comments like the previous one instead of rather pointless ones like post #2.
    PLEASE NOTE
    My advice should be used as guidance only. You should always obtain face to face professional advice before taking any action.
  • steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I have just been to tesco and they have fined me for parking on the white line slightly, I spent over £200 in their shop and this the way they treat customers ! Tesco parking company wants £100 reduced to £60 if paid promptly, they claim to be part of the BPA , and when I asked the warden about the fine he laughed at me and said tough, you will get a ccj even if I appeal this!

I can see people say ignore them, but I am worried as I have enough problems already without threats of court and ccj's , I can't afford to pay this parking fine!

Part of BPA so won't be the council

Oh god off to Tesco's hope I wont get a ticket - I'll give it to wife her car
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
  • sunny-one_2
    AlexisV wrote: »
    Only if it says Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 on it.

Thanks it doesn't say that at all, so I am safe ignoring it then, should I point out that it was my husbands car, I can see the advice on MSE is to deny that the registered keeper was driving, and I have no reason to give them the details ?
  • Tilt
    Thanks it doesn't say that at all, so I am safe ignoring it then, should I point out that it was my husbands car, I can see the advice on MSE is to deny that the registered keeper was driving, and I have no reason to give them the details ?

Not quite. You don't have to deny (or admit) anything to them. My advice is not to contact them at all. But In anyevent, they have no powers what so ever to demand any information off you at all.
    PLEASE NOTE
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure