Monument Credit Card

Ladies and Gents,anybody have any advice on the above company.I have received my statements from them,and so far everything has been promptly acted upon and they have not charged me for copy statements.
I have calculated the charges and they total just over £250.The letter i received from the company states that if i wish to discuss anything then ring a number which is given.

Has anybody tried this and been succesful rather than write and asking for the charges to be refunded.I aim to ring them and state what i would put on paper.I also have a debt on my card ( within the limit) of £500 so if they close my account i will still owe them money.

I am fully prepared for asking for the charges,just want,if possible to streamline the process.

Comments

• LHew
    LHew Posts: 28 Forumite
    Does anyone know who I need to send my "Letter 1" at Monument so that I can claim my bank charges back?
    :happyhear PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBT :happyhear
    :j Light Bulb Moment 25th March 2007:j
    Additions - £118; Barclaycard - £857; Capital One - £255;
    Citi Finance – £320; G E Capital Bank - £844; Halifax - £522; J D Williams - £243;
    Month End Money - £134; Monument - £419; Natwest - £471; Pounds till Payday – £277
    Next - £302; Littlewoods - £1061; Uncle Buck – £164; Welcome Finance - £4572
    Total Debt as of 29th May 2007 – £10 562
  • PaulW922
    PaulW922 Posts: 1,037 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Does anyone know who I need to send my "Letter 1" at Monument so that I can claim my bank charges back?

It is....

Monument Credit Card Services
    Barclaycard
    The Portland Building
    25 High Street
    CRAWLEY
    RH10 1BG

If you need to issue court proceedings I am pretty sure it is 'Barclays Bank plc trading as Monument Credit Card services' but the exact name will be on your statements

Paul
  • LHew
    LHew Posts: 28 Forumite
    Hi PaulW922

Thanks!!!!
    :happyhear PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBT :happyhear
    :j Light Bulb Moment 25th March 2007:j
    Additions - £118; Barclaycard - £857; Capital One - £255;
    Citi Finance – £320; G E Capital Bank - £844; Halifax - £522; J D Williams - £243;
    Month End Money - £134; Monument - £419; Natwest - £471; Pounds till Payday – £277
    Next - £302; Littlewoods - £1061; Uncle Buck – £164; Welcome Finance - £4572
    Total Debt as of 29th May 2007 – £10 562
  • bev79
    bev79 Posts: 98 Forumite
    Hi
    i sent my cheque and sar to Monument Credit Services, PO Box 504, Crawley, RH10 1XN on Friday and they cashed my chq yesterday
  • I used whatever address is on the back of the statements and they paid up within 2 weeks.
    With all of my dietary restrictions, I'm left with lipstick and water
  • bev79
    They cashed my cheque this week so hopefully my statements will be here soon!
  • I went the letter route and Monument gave me half of the claim back. They didn't close my account and I owe them about 2 grand.
    With all of my dietary restrictions, I'm left with lipstick and water
  • Wiggynut
    Wiggynut Posts: 1,039 Forumite
    First Post
    Hi - this is my fight with monument and any help and suggestions would be great. most of this forum is bank charges but has any claimed from Monument yet I can't find any threads for them?

I've had a nightmare with Monument for 3 years!
    I moved shortly after taking out their card and sent 15 letters and made (too many to count) phone calls letting them know... so basically it took them a year to change my address so no statements for me but I did call up to find my balance out and paid via DD... BUT, when I rang up one month I'd gone over by a couple of pounds so I paid the charge and extra but then a couple of months later I finally got a statement and there was £165 over my credit limit. I rang the customer service line (eh??) and said I need to know what this is for and can I set up a payment plan as I was temping and one weeks wage was lasting me about 3 weeks!!! the 'lady' on the line said NO and put the phone down on me. I have never received any responses to my 15 letters either... anyway two years later I finally get copies of my statements and apparently I went over at some point and the £165 was for this but how come when I called either talked to someone (which was rare no one answered) or the auto balance bit???? plus why couldn't they just tell me this in the first place? and why wasn't I allowed to start up a payment plan to pay off the excess... anyway two years on I still owe £850 despite making payments between £60 - £25 a month.
    I sent a letter recently about charges and they said as a goodwill gesture (cough!) they wont except my £10 cheque (they havn't sent it back and it's a building soc cheque so they do have my £10 because I don't!!) they said I should have contacted them to check my balance (I did!) or look at my statements (didn't get any for ayear!) or to call them (I did!). Also I signed up to these fees - which is fair enough but why ignore my letters refuse a repayment plan etc... so they will not be refunded the fees (£500 in total). why didn't they take more money from my DD? it didn't even cover the min charge and interest?????
    ... how much do Credit Cards charge for default payment - I mean since bank charges have been dropped? do I just send the 2nd letter?
    thanks for any assistant offered. I will add more when I found out anything new.
    Light bulb moment April 07: [strike]£3,655 [/strike] Oct 07: [strike]£2,220[/strike] now 0 - 3 years of Uni debt to be added at a later date :o:D
    now at Uni as a Mature student -update: now has a First Class BA!
  • bev79
    wishing you lots of luck, I have to wait until 2nd April when my 40 days dpa request is up. Although they cashed my cheque on the 27th Feb??!!
  • I sent a letter requesting a list of my charges along with a £10 postal order on Friday 9th March. Today I get home and there are my list of charges and as a goodwill gesture they have given back my postal order as well.

I bet the rest of the claim doesnt go as easy lol

Will be going through my charges in a mo but estimate £700 and will be sending the first plese can I have my money back letter recorded delivery tomorrow.

Still cant get over how fast they were, they received letter Monday and I receive charges list Wednesday - shocked
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure