Can I sign off Jobseekers Allowance online?

2»

Comments

• karenx
    karenx Posts: 4,988 Forumite
    If you are out of the country why are you claiming jsa?
  • looby75
    looby75 Posts: 23,387 Forumite
    karenx wrote: »
    If you are out of the country why are you claiming jsa?
    he said he's out of the country for the next few months and he's trying to sign off.

Maybe his new job isn't in the UK.
  • When I got all my paper work, I was given a small pamphlet called 'starting work' with a phone number and an e-mail address for signing off. I suspect this is just for my area but if you check with your job centre and get the same information.
    For information the phone number I have is 01935 463240 and the e-mail is
    [EMAIL="WESSEX.INTOWORKNOTIFICATIONS@JOBCENTREPLUS.GSI.GOV.UK"]WESSEX.INTOWORKNOTIFICATIONS@JOBCENTREPLUS.GSI.GOV.UK[/EMAIL] not sure if this is case sensitve or they just like to shout online but this is how it appears on the pamphlet.
    They need to know: full name and address, national insurance number, date of birth, date you are starting work, employers name and address + telephone number, number of hours working. Hope this helps
  • I was given this 'starting work' leaflet too to sign off online the other day..same details and yet cant find it anywhere and the phone number isnt available on weekends and i start work monday..great system..lol..
  • epitome
    epitome Posts: 3,199 Forumite
    You should sign off the day before you leave the UK, have you left the UK yet? When do you leave the UK?

You can complete the ES40 (signing on card) and hand deliver it to the jobcentres letterbox.

You only have 5 working days to sign off, and you should double check within those 5 days by phone to make sure it has been actioned, and ask the person you speak to their name and ask them to put a note on your file of the phonecall (but pigs will fly first)
  • I dont really get on with my local JSA office, on account of, i don't actually like being treated like dirt. I need to sign off, but can't find the whole online thing........can someone please give a link?
  • Chemistryboy is correct you have to put eg: [EMAIL="woolwich.endmyclaim@dwp.gsi.gov.uk"]woolwich.endmyclaim@dwp.gsi.gov.uk[/EMAIL] then you email them and get a reply and have to fill out one of the ofrms they send attached and return by e-mail. Every town is different so put your town where you sign on's name instead of woolwich which mine is.
  • I signed off a month ago to claim ESA and had to post my form in, I couldn't even sign off over the telephone and there was certainly no option to email! The lady I spoke said I HAD to send the form in. Despite my husband signing off by telephone six months ago. They seem to change their minds when it suits.
  • If you just don't turn up for your usual sign on then I believe after 5 days that your JSA claim is automatically stopped. Obviously you won't get your usual 2 weeks money. Maybe giving them a ring the day before you start work would be the best option? :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure