Lost Orange contract sim card

akcl
akcl Posts: 94 Forumite
I think I have lost my Orange contract sim card, I still have the phone but cant find the sim card. Called Orange and they say it will cost me £15 to replace it! Anyone know anyway around this? (ie. a free replacement)

:confused:

Comments

• MrsMondragon
    MrsMondragon Posts: 1,992 Forumite
    Last year when I lost my phone (with my sim) they said it would be about 17 pounds to replace. Orange are very unsympathetic when it comes to replacing lost sims.
  • banger9365
    banger9365 Posts: 1,702
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    i do not think there is away round this one ,has if you had there care insurance it will cost the same(£15 ant that bad really,just cost me £100 for a stolen phone with there emergancy insurance )
    there or their,one day i might us the right one ,until then tuff

• *!*HIBS*!*
    *!*HIBS*!* Posts: 551 Forumite
    Hmmm, :think: here are a few options you could try;
    say it's not working properly or
    the metal elements on the sim card is scratched (maybe you were testing your sim out on your family/friends' phones) so it won't work any phones now?

Do you have one of those free orange PAYG sim cards about? If you have one ask CS if they can transfer your details from the contract onto the PAYG sim? If they ask why, maybe give one of the options mentioned above.
  • xycom1
    xycom1 Posts: 784 Forumite
    It's even better - £15+VAT.

The only way out of it is if you are due an upgrade on your phone (i.e. out of contract) and take it now - they come with a new SIM card in the box, so you would get it free then.
  • deutzkiwi
    deutzkiwi Posts: 132 Forumite
    Be careful if you call in saying its faulty after you've said its lost - cs may have put notes on your account to say you'd lost it, and you'd look a bit of a muppet to call and say it was faulty. Then again, they may not have.
  • bbruce
    bbruce Posts: 369
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    If you ask them for a PAC number it often jars them into action. You'll get transferred to the retention department who have more power to tempt you to stay. This only works if you've finished your original agreement.

Learn from the mistakes of others - you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.
  • pingu
    pingu Posts: 1,467
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    bbruce wrote:
    If you ask them for a PAC number it often jars them into action. You'll get transferred to the retention department who have more power to tempt you to stay. This only works if you've finished your original agreement.

not too sure about more power

when i called 150 and asked for an upgrade they won't give me the offer i wanted so asked for PAC she transferred me to another advisor her offer for an upgrade was more expensive than the first one so i got my PAC!

orange customer service is very good can't call them as they are only doing their job!

But the management(people who autherise deals) are not very good!
    Honesty is the best policy doesn't matter which web site
    you are on!

if i had known then what i know now!

a bargain is only a bargain if you really need it!
  • heyho_3
    heyho_3 Posts: 180 Forumite
    Why do they charge for sim they cost orange nothing? I am with o2online have lost loads of sims and out of contract and have no insurance and they are always very happy to just send me another free, no charge... although I do tend to have £80 bills.
  • xycom1
    xycom1 Posts: 784 Forumite
    They cost Orange nothing? Who do you think pays for them? Do you think the companies that make them just give them to Orange for free!?!

In your contract, the SIM card is the property of Orange - if you lose their property, then they are perfectly within their rights to charge you.

It's like renting a TV from a rentals company and then 'losing it' and ringing them up and asking for a free replacement. :laugh:
  • I've just asked for new Orange SIM - £3 plus P&P

Also they have this thing called Emergency Insurance i.e. if you don't have insurance you can pay £60 plus a min of £4 a month and receive a new handset!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure