❄❄ Let It Snow ❄❄ :: Christmas 2012 Chatter Thread

Comments

• Own_My_Own
    Own_My_Own Posts: 6,098 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    nic2075 wrote: »

Well my idea of selling more on fb wasn't that successful. I did make a few sales, but not as much as I wanted. I still have a couple of weeks for folk to buy it, but after spending so much on stock I wanted to see something back.
    There some good bargains if anyone fancies a look? I know I can't link my fb page here, but my name is Applepieandcustard designs, if you fancy having a nose of maybe a wee share? Xx

Oh sorry it didn't go well.:(

I made sales of £3 last night on there. The way I look at it now, £3 is better than £0. I am thinking anything I sell now is a bonus.:)
  • arggg I am officially a Christmas Wuss!!!!

Took the boys to a semi-local school tonight where they had a lighting the tree ceremony including a brass band playing carols and an visit from Santa.

Any I had to choke back tears...............WHY WHY???

WHY as soon as Santa turned up did I feel like I wanted to cry??? I can only assume it is something in my brain being excited for my kids??? perhaps it was the community feel??

It was really nice - donations only no stalls, nothing to try and persuade you to part with any money. Your kids could go and talk to Santa (who gave them token sweets - just small haribo for toddlers, older kids got a bag of pic n mix, but they were over the moon) Obviously could take your own photos. Plus they gave every child a free bag of "reindeer food" and told them all about sprinkling it on Christmas Eve (almost brought me to tears again).

Im so glad im not the only one..was singing along to the Buble Christmas album in the car today and was welling up!
    God help me when we go on our polar express train ride...even the trailer on the website made me cry..there really is no hope for me!

But I agree, I think its just because christmas is so magical for our children, and its all the love that you put in, just to see the look on their little faces :)

Ive just made my 2 a stocking each with a felt gift tag with theor names on...cant wait to give it to them and see their faces!
  • podperson
    podperson Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hi all,

Sorry some of you are having family problems - I don't know why but things always seem to flare up round this time of year - well they do in my family anyway!

I must admit I'm not feeling as Christmassy as I wanted to. I've been out carolling in a shopping centre today with my choir, then came home and watched Elf on tv, plus have dealing with some promotion bits for my Christmas book which is out on Friday - so really I should be in the most xmassy mood ever but it's not really happening. I've enjoyed all the things, it just doesn't really seem like it's going to be Christmas in just over two weeks. Ah well, hopefully I will start feeling more into it as the week goes on.
  • Great big christmassy hugs to all that need them! xxx

Im really annoyed as the spy watch Santa is bringing DS ;) is £24.99 at toys r us, the cheapest anywhere! (£39.99 everywhere else) but no stock online and they said it wont be in stock for another 8 weeks! None in store either except for over 250 miles away :eek: and one 13 miles away which would be fine except for its in Bayswater which is Central London so a pain in the bum to get to! Free delivery online (no minimum spend until midnight tuesday) plus a £5 wys £30 code (on hukd) so could have got a great bargain! Also decided not to get DS the Skylanders starter pack as we dont have the money (he has enough presents really so trying not to feel too guilty!) and other people have managed to get £20 and even 98p ones from Morrisons, none in any near me. :( Just feeling sorry for myself at missing out on bargains! :o Feel really sick too and having cold flushes so think Id better just go to bed and hopefully wake up not feling so blah! :o
    'They only had one cow!'
  • Oh plus DS really wants the Red Power Rangers switch head figure but the only place that has it (except Amazon at over 3 times Argos' price!) is Argos but its an online exclusive and theres no guarantee on colour. It would be from MIL/FIL so cant be faffing around with ordering on the offchance we get red (they have no knowledge of computers at all and would not really want to order online at all let alone order when it might not be the right one lol) and I cant find it anywhere else not even ebay! Argh!
    'They only had one cow!'
  • Nanamia
    Nanamia Posts: 1,603 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Moneysavingmumofone try a Manchester store and I can pick it up for you and post it on if that's any help. Hope you are feeling better in the morning. Night night xxx
    The secret of Christmas
    It's not the things you do at Christmastime
    But the Christmas things you do
    All year through

• nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks OMO :D xx

Just had a look moneysavingmumofone and there is none near me in Aberdeenshire, the nearest is Carlisle! Looks good as well.

DD(7) has just came into my room to tell me she felt sick and projectile vomited over my bed and all the way along the floor to the bathroom! Why she didn't just go straight to the bathroom, next to her room, I don't know.

She's showered and it's all cleaned up, just sitting watching Nick Jr with her to make sure she isn't going to be sick again. She doesn't want to be sick in her bed. So that will he her off for at least 2 days, hope it's not a bug and just too much Christmas party food.
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    edited 10 December 2012 at 7:17AM
    Evening all.

Somehow we seemed to have had the most perfect day.
    For me to get some shocking news...

(Hope you dont mind me off-loading here. Just you guys seem so understanding...Seems recently all ive done is moan:(...)

My mum called me today, She's been told that my younger brother (18) nearly 19, Has decided to just quit the armed forces. So now hes completely job less, Living back with my mum, In a very depressed angry state. This isn't great for my mum considering she's suffering with clinical depression. Today, My brother has announced he's got his girlfriend pregnant. Worst of all, Both are jobless, Homeless (Meaning they are still stayng at parents) & Brother has just got a £400 amount limited addition car he's expecting mum to help pay for...

Now normally i would say they are good / hardowrking young'ens, But recently they seem to have lost their drive and expect their parents, Siblins to do everything for them. With a baby now on the way this has understandly killed my mothers health progress. I dont quite know why im posting this...Maybe for understanding, rant, Support but felt the need to get this off my chest :(rotfl:

Not wanting to sound like Pollyanna but there s a few positives. Your brother inevitably would have got posted out to Afganistan and your Mum,s mental health would have suffered. A new baby is a joy regardless of timing and the housing situation will be solved once the baby is born at latest. The pregnancy may help your Mum as a distraction . Don,t really understand the £400 issue tbh but overall there,s a lot of blessings there to focus on ...and you might as well as what is done is done..plus isn't Christmas really all about a baby anyway ? Hopefully now you,re over the initial shock you are feeling better about it all.

As for me I finally did some Christmas shopping yesterday ....... Even for me it,s a late start. I,m working Christmas day and for the first time in years I won,t be balancing working with fitting in cooking Christmas dinner as the new BF is cooking for me and DS ......and possibly with unexpected lodger who arrived this week fleeing domestic violence joining us too. Thankfully he,s a good cook and is really excited about giving us an amazing day........ Suddenly I feel Chrismassy and the tree is going up today !
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • daisiegg
    daisiegg Posts: 5,395 Forumite
    Well, hello ladies :)

I have been reading but have been too busy to reply - sorry I have missed lots that requires congratulations/commiserations/sympathy etc....rest assured I was thinking it!

We got our tree yesterday and it looks so beautiful. It was amazing....last year we had huge trouble finding a decent tree and ended up with one that was ok but not great. This year we went to a nursery 2 mins from our house which for some reason we have never visited before, and they had loads and loads of beautiful trees all out....it looked like something from a Christmas movie! Anyway, we got out of the car, walked up to a random tree and looked at it - and it was absolutely PERFECT. I mean, just like a storybook tree, utterly stunning. So we bought that and were out of there in 5 mins!

Then had a lovely day decorating it and listening to Christmas music and drinking mulled cider :) it was wonderful :)

Now I am feeling all Christmassy and the idea of having to go to work for the next two weeks just feels like a big inconvenience! :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure