Buying theatre tickets in Leicester Square

Hello,

I have heard that instead of pre-booking, many people buy tickets from Leicester Square the same day or the day before the show they want to see, as the tickets are much cheaper.

I am interested in seeing Shrek The Musical at Drury Lane Theatre, will I be able to get cheap tickets in Leicester Square on the same day?

I know it sounds silly, but where exactly in Leicester Square do you get the tickets from?! I've never been before!

Also, are the tickets much cheaper, or is it better to buy them on lastminute.com or a website before? Are all the tickets/sellers in Leicester Square legitimate?

Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks x

Comments

• Always_Harassed
    Always_Harassed Posts: 1,087 Forumite
    I tend to buy from lastminute.com. You do get good buys in the leicester square but it tends to be the best seats reduced. The ones on last minute are quite often cheaper seats. Really depends on your budget. Can also get tickets from the theatre when it opens in the morning. Shrek is worth seeing.

http://www.officiallondontheatre.co.uk/buy-tickets/tkts/
  • BillTrac
    BillTrac Posts: 1,869 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    If I can't get the tickets I want from the TKTS booth in Leicester square I go to the theatre.

I wouldn't advise buying the tickets from the so-called 'half price ' kiosks around the area
  • BillTrac
    You can also buy on- line from TKTS before/ without going to Leicester Square
  • BillTrac wrote: »

How do you do this I can't see any where on tkts website?

I'm after jersey Boys tickets for Saturday.

thanks

Simon
    If at first you don't succeed... CHEAT...
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,779 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    BillTrac wrote: »

Are you sure ? Their website says (on the 'what's on sale ?' page) that "Tickets must be purchased in person (ie no phone or web sales) and are subject to availability."

http://www.tkts.co.uk/whats-on-sale/
  • BillTrac
    edited 29 April 2012 at 4:50PM
    Just want to apologise for my stupidity..

I have never bought from TKTS except in person, so when I saw advance purchases I assumed you could buy them withou having to go to the ticket office.

Doh!
  • ollyc
    ollyc Posts: 46 Forumite
    Try looking at this site

http://bargaintheatre.tumblr.com/

If you look for the Deal directory it shows you where to buy all the discount tickets by show, and all reputable sites (lastminute etc..). Excellent for last minute tickets. Also good for show reviews.

Failing that, as posted above TKTS is your best bet if you can get into Leicester Sq.
  • Alye16
    Alye16 Posts: 281 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    I we have brought tickets from TKTS in Leicester Square many times but we have always gone with a list of things we would like to see.Have had some fantastic seats.If you only want to see one show you may find the tickets aren't available or they aren't the price you want to pay.
  • kt21
    kt21 Posts: 745 Forumite
    when are you going? get into london theatre is on through the summer, some good bargain seats to be had!
  • Gillybean103
    Gillybean103 Posts: 196 Forumite
    We went last October and bought tickets for Shrek at the ticket booth just about opposite the cinema (round the corner from the odeon) our tickets were in the stalls and were £27 each, we bought them about half an hour before the show started!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure