Will esa be backdated?

My fiance has been getting esa and dla for around 6 months now due to severe depression, anxiety and possible schizophrenia.
he missed his appointment for his atos medical with good reason so contacted esa and explained and was told that he would need a letter from his doctor to state that he would need a home visit medical assesment ...all that was done.
a week after sending that note to esa he has received a letter saying he has been put into that support group from may.
i contacted them straight away to confirm this as i thought it couldn't be true...when i phoned them i was told that it was true and he doesn't need to attend a medical and he got put into the support group even before they received his note from his doctor...we think this is excellent news but there's just one thing it states that he is owed £695 but we would have to wait to see if he can have it because they are holding details of a possible overpayment :/ we have contacted them and they are not even sure about it we are waiting for someone else to contact us...we are confused about this as we thought overpayments only usually happen to tax credits and have never heard of it before and on the letter all the payments what it said we should have been getting are exactly what we have been getting :/ can anyone help with this please...sorry for it being so long..

Comments

• Was he getting £71 per week(11th April on)? Prior to April it would have been £67.50 - claim start to 11th April. Assessment rate. The first 13 weeks would be at the assessment rate, so if you look at the date they first paid you and go forward from there (when I did mine it was a Sunday). So as I got paid each Wednesday fortnight, I had what are called holding/waiting days 3+1 in total. Most do not get paid these and if that is so that might be all it is. (I got mine paid). So it would be approx £28.93 based on last years ESA rate for 3 days. So if you add up whole weeks from claim start date at £67.50/week to 10th april and then £71/week after till week 13 when they will pay you the full ESA amount which should now be £105.05/ week. So you should have 3 different amount to add together. Before April assessment of 4-5 weeks? After April assessment of 8 weeks? Then full rate from week 14 to date of award letter. Your total should match theirs. I am guessing how many weeks for the different assessment rates based on what you revealed about your OH being on ESA 6 months. Only you can do the actual workings out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure