Window Quote by Anglia First Home Improvement - help please

Comments

• I would personally cancel if you didn't feel happy how pressured for the inital sales pitch , how would you feel having the whole work done by them look around. I found Fitstrong windows a really well priced company :-) have a google of them HTH
  • We had one of their salesmen around to give us a quote. After telling us how different they were from other companies, how they didn't do pressure selling etc, he proceeded to try every cliched trick in the book - right down to the old "I need to phone my manager" chestnut. Pathetic.

After 40 minutes we were unable to get a quote out of him so we asked him to leave, which he eventually did, although not easily. Still never got a figure out of him.

In contrast, we got quotes for the same work from 3 local firms, all of whom gave us a price on the spot within 20 minutes and didn't try any of the rubbish that the Anglia First guy did. We subsequently had the work done by one of these firms and were very pleased with it.

I saw Anglia First vans around the area doing installations a few weeks after they'd canvassed the area, so it looks like some people fell for the sales pitch :(
  • I work in the industry and I have to say I am disgusted by the way some of the salesman work. I am currently working on a website that I hope will revolutionise home improvement sales. I hope to turn the tables so that rather than companies ripping off customers, the customers will be sure of getting the best quality at the best possible price. I have always worked of best service and value for money, while offering a fair price. And I am an honest man, so my best price is the first price quoted, no messing around. In my experience, that is what people want.
  • Plasterer wrote: »
    Walk away, anglian, everest and staybright - All Con artsists - Im suprised you havnt metioned the "three hour" stay at your house and that they want to sell you finance - I cant beleive how well these companies are doing ripping people off It should be common knowledge soon that these companies are jokers.

Oops sorry didnt read yur post correctly - you did metion the 3/4hour stay

A little harsh to these 3 companies . I have been in the window business for 26 years and never worked for them (i dont really like them and fit better profile for alot less ) but they mainly fit a decent job with some decent fitters and are overpriced but you pay what was quoted its up to you to price around . Being called con and jokers is a tad unfair as our game is full of cons, promises and jokers these arent really in the same league. My main best sales pitch is "I am not a sales rep im a fitter so i know what im on about" I give a price write it down for them shake their hand ,pat the dog and walk away. (I even priced a few jobs inc. porch from google earth recently.)
    My customers are now my friends,Im not perfect but always answer my phone and often go beyond what was "my job" to keep my clients happy .Quote recently--me--
    "Job done, all finished cleaned up . Doorbell & alarm back together"
    --Customer---
    "What alarm didnt know we had one. Oh thats been bust since we moved in 15 years ago.. Thanks"
  • Many people differ opinions on many things. Personally, I'd recommend them cause they've been in business for 40 years so something's right in th company. However I do feel the slating is unfair as how would you like it if someone slated you for doing your job the way you are told and taught to do?! Exactly! Stop the hating as if you asked them to come into your house then obviously you wanted to know more. You are told by someone on the phone that the meeting will last for a while anyway. Like someone said, a rated windows and frames is like when you get your gcse results, get an a your over the moon! Get an e and you are disappointed and want to redo it...
    Just saying my point of view, slate if ya like but it's all playground and back to school really... People approach ya, you allow them in, you don't like something they say, you slate and slag them off... You stoop to a bullies level (e) while they're still excelling and getting their a's.... Enough said, rant over :)
  • Con artists - fact and end of story
  • Tink193 wrote: »
    Many people differ opinions on many things. Personally, I'd recommend them cause they've been in business for 40 years so something's right in th company. However I do feel the slating is unfair as how would you like it if someone slated you for doing your job the way you are told and taught to do?! Exactly! Stop the hating as if you asked them to come into your house then obviously you wanted to know more. You are told by someone on the phone that the meeting will last for a while anyway. Like someone said, a rated windows and frames is like when you get your gcse results, get an a your over the moon! Get an e and you are disappointed and want to redo it...
    Just saying my point of view, slate if ya like but it's all playground and back to school really... People approach ya, you allow them in, you don't like something they say, you slate and slag them off... You stoop to a bullies level (e) while they're still excelling and getting their a's.... Enough said, rant over :)

Hmmm wonder who you work for..........................

Tatty bye
    Con artists - fact and end of story
    You havent given a fact ?

Tatty bye
    Dump and jump post.
    I know many fitters and some reps from the "larger firms" The fitters are often self employed some better than others but mainly work to a decent standard as its difficult enough to get paid on a flawless job. Most of the reps are quiet a fair distance up their own 4rses and will use about all types of sales if they think you will sign. (but so do car/hoovers/houses/weapons of mass..etc etc).

I used to know a very good and wealthy sales rep that worked for Thameside Windows over 20 years ago and within the first 10 minutes he would say word for word " Well we are probably the best window firm in the country and our prices are high and i dont think you will be able to afford it being honest" How many times he would walk out with a deal as the customers just wanted to prove him wrong . 10% in his sky 10%.

Tatty bye

My point exactly! Have you ever had anything from ourselves? I'm a young girl only just started working for the company! So why pick on me? I only stated a fact an my opinion, as many others have done on here. Is it do wrong to have an opinion that does t follow the trend on this page? Oh look, we're back to the school playground thing again.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback