New Amazon Hidden Discount Finder

Comments

• MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks for the feedback - we're working to incorporate all changes. Very much appreciate it :)

Keep it coming
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • BeenieCat
    BeenieCat Posts: 6,567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Isn't there a way to get rid of all the marketplace stuff completely?

ps as if this was ever £96 *snigger* http://www.amazon.co.uk/SATIN-CHROME-SWITCHED-SOCKET-C409BCB/dp/B000YWF29S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=kitchen&qid=1265742696&sr=8-1
  • I use XP and Firefox. It all worked very well for me.
    Try saying "I have under-a-pound in my wallet" and listen to people react!
  • BeenieCat
    BeenieCat Posts: 6,567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    For the video games section - game genres are a bit pointless (IMO), how about a drop down of platforms instead (if poss)
  • k2tog
    k2tog Posts: 1,007 Forumite
    edited 9 February 2010 at 8:19PM
    Probably amazon, not your new gizmo but doesn't sort the list by price when I select it to.

ETA XP and IE

Echo the point re the free delivery checkbox - I can't click on it at all because it's obscured by the go button
  • I loved it, worked perfectly for me. I have a iMac and had no problems with anything, even gives me postage free options.

Thanx Martin

Cheers
    Casper
    x x
    LBM Feb 09[STRIKE] £64 427.32[/STRIKE] £13 700.59! Sub £15 000!
    DFD July 2018
    GC 01Dec ~ 30Dec £40.00 SSF £00.00
    NSD 00/20 WSC (08~14) £13.59 SSF £00.00 DFW Nerd 319 Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts!
    "Captain Jack Harkness! When will you learn that you can't solve every problem by shagging it?!"
  • John_Gray
    John_Gray Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    What do you then do when choosing Music -> Classical -> 75% off and get 5,429 hits?

It's got to be more discriminating than that, say allowing choice by composer (e.g. Tallis) or musicians (e.g. The Sixteen)... And MP3 downloads should be split off from CDs/DVDs.
  • RobRover
    RobRover Posts: 27 Forumite
    gave it a whirl, seems to work but reductions were way below the range asked for. i.e. original price 2.99 amazon buy it new price (with free delivery) 2.49 other sellers price 99p (with £4 delivery) shows up in the 75% off group but cant really be bought for 75% off! nice idea and i like the idea above about expanding the tool to check all 3rd party site prices for further discounts - could this be automated into the tool??
  • Dr.Shoe_2
    Dr.Shoe_2 Posts: 1,028 Forumite
    Excellent...
    [strike]-£20,000[/strike] 0!
  • Tried books, philosopy, and uber deals are the same as 50% off deals
    this was the same type of result I got trying to search with your url paste a few weeks ago - it does not restrict itself to the large % dicount
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure