2»

Comments

• Muttleythefrog
    Muttleythefrog Posts: 19,750 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    ab.da54 wrote: »
    Thank you, Cpt.Scarlet.

Do you have to pay for the ESA85A?

Another question, if I may. The letter states ESA will start from XX date. Does that mean it will be paid on that date or will it be paid in arrears and therefore paid two weeks after the date it starts?

Thanks again for the replies.

No.. the document copies are free... should be able to get them via phone call to DWP number at top of ESA letters. It's always worth getting all the evidence they've used in my view.. never know if it could be helpful in future... but it may be that they relied only on ESA50 completed by you (presumably) and ESA85A (pre-board ATOS medical report)... they may have requested your GP fill in an ESA113.. maybe not.

Probably about couple weeks in arrears on second question.
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
  • I too got put in the Support Group with no medical
    I am not asking for fear of coming to their attention
    I have already passed 15 months - so I am looking at 2 years.
    If you are not getting DLA then the same reasons you got into the support group may mean you have care or mobility needs sufficient to quality
  • ~Chameleon~
    ~Chameleon~ Posts: 11,956 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    If the ESA85A states: "I advise that a return to work could be considered within 18mths" - does this mean the case won't be reviewed before this time? Could it actually be possible to have 18mths peace of mind or can they just send out an ESA50 at any time?
    “You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”
  • If the ESA85A states: "I advise that a return to work could be considered within 18mths" - does this mean the case won't be reviewed before this time? Could it actually be possible to have 18mths peace of mind or can they just send out an ESA50 at any time?

Said the same in my ESA85 (as opposed to ESA85A). In all likelihood the DWP will follow that determination and as those 18 months approach completion send out another ESA50 form to start a re-assessment. In my case this is exactly what happened... 17/18 months from date of decision I got the form.
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure