How far back can i reclaim PPI??

Hi guys, Just after some advice regarding PPi reclaiming.
I took out bank loans with Barclays on two occasions in the 1990's which i now know to have had mis-sold PPI alongside them.
HOWEVER....i have no paperwork of these transactions and dont even know the exact year(s) i took the loans out.
Bearing these points in mind do i have any chance at all of being able to reclaim these unfair PPI charges back as a lot of water has gone under the bridge since.

Many thanks for any help offered, Collin
Libraries gave us power, then work came and made us free...:D

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    collin wrote: »
    Hi guys, Just after some advice regarding PPi reclaiming.
    I took out bank loans with Barclays on two occasions in the 1990's which i now know to have had mis-sold PPI alongside them.
    HOWEVER....i have no paperwork of these transactions and dont even know the exact year(s) i took the loans out.
    Bearing these points in mind do i have any chance at all of being able to reclaim these unfair PPI charges back as a lot of water has gone under the bridge since.

Many thanks for any help offered, Collin

Hi and welcome Colin

I would not worry about how far back you can go, if you've only just became aware of the mis selling of the PPI, make them aware of that, as some will use the time barring of 6 years.

What you could try doing is calling into the bank and ask them to try to track down your details of your accounts for you, some have actually done this and have been successful in receiving their account numbers, they will want details of your full make, address and any other addresses you may have lived in whilst taking out the accounts and so on.
    But if you bank with them, they can check by using your bank account number, but otherwise call into the branch and try asking, good luck.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • collin_2
    collin_2 Posts: 30 Forumite
    Thanks di3004, yes i'm still a loyal barclays customer(don't ask me why) so popping in my local branch sounds like a good course of action.
    Hopefully this will give me all the info i need!
    Pretty sure that the person that "shafted" me with the PPI still works there so could be interesting lol.
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    collin wrote: »
    Thanks di3004, yes i'm still a loyal barclays customer(don't ask me why) so popping in my local branch sounds like a good course of action.
    Hopefully this will give me all the info i need!
    Pretty sure that the person that "shafted" me with the PPI still works there so could be interesting lol.

Cool, that is helpful then:D:D, good luck and ask for help from here if required.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • collin_2
    Yeh will do, thanks again :)
  • collin_2
    Phoned barclays(on a free number found on the saynoto0870 website) and the lady could not have been more helpful!! I got a reference number and was told i would receive a letter confirming they were investigating as nothing showed on my records, so its a start i guess.
    The Barclays customer advisor told me not to expect anything to happen fast as she has been waiting months for the money she is claiming back for herself from Lloyds tsb lol.
  • definitely dont expect them to act quickly....i made that first phone call in november 2010....i had my offer letter yesterday! However it was a nice surprise when it did come.
    My OH is investigating one longer than 6 yrs ago too, best of luck!
    :p
  • collin_2
    Well i'll gladly wait as long as you did if they gonna put some money my way!
    And after all it it money that should never have been taken from us all in the 1st place.
    Glad it's worked out for you and i'm just gonna keep my fingers (and toes) crossed and wait with baited breath lol. :eek:
  • Got a dear john letter off Barclays offering NOTHING as they have no records of these loans on their system! BUT they found another loan from 2003 which they have added to my claim so all is not lost.
    According to the lady in my local branch their records only go back to the year 2000 and anything before that is unobtainable! YET my mate has been on the phone this morning and he is being payed out from his loan in 1998...so work that out???
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport