Disneyland Paris/EuroDisney - Questions & Answers

Comments

• poe.tuesday
    poe.tuesday Posts: 1,858 Forumite
    I would take them out of school if you can, wekends and school hols are so busy and you spend most of your time queuing, just check the French children are not on a school holiday

the cost of flying is so much less than driving and less hassle so it makes sence to take that option

as for disney in the rain, well it's like anywhere but take waterproof trousers and pacamacs and you and your kids will be fine, take a comfy backpack to walk around the park, try not to take umbrellas and they just get in the way

If you have a child than needs a buggy you can take your own but you can also hire strollers at the park, they do not recline nor do they have rain covers, only a little hood thing

Eating in the park, I know they say that you cna't take picnics in but you can, in the mornings when you have your buffet breakfast take some of the rolls and make up ham/cheese rolls when you are there and they take them out with you, if you are not happy doing this then get a taxi to take you to the supermarket and stock up there
  • jcumpsty
    jcumpsty Posts: 162 Forumite
    Eating in the park, I know they say that you cna't take picnics in but you can, in the mornings when you have your buffet breakfast take some of the rolls and make up ham/cheese rolls when you are there and they take them out with you, if you are not happy doing this then get a taxi to take you to the supermarket and stock up there

I havent got a problem taking food from the breakfast table. I will just get my wife to take a large bag with her.
  • Po11y
    Po11y Posts: 11 Forumite
    We have just booked the Holiday Inn Disneyland Paris (February half term 2008) for 2 Adults and 3 children under 12 in a kids suite. Works out at about £115 per night including breakfast. There is a free shuttle to the parks about 10 mins away. Holiday Inn has pool too. I looked at all the Disney Hotels but this deal, paired with some Easyjet flights (hopefully about £300 for all of us!) from Newcastle seemed to be the best around. Two day hopper to the parks will be extra. Very good website but I called the number on the site for extra info and got a fantastically helpful person.
  • jcumpsty
    jcumpsty Posts: 162 Forumite
    what is the web address please?
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    jcumpsty wrote: »
    I think I have just answered my own question.

I just looked at Eurotunnel. It works out at £250 + to take the car.

Plus 1000 mile return trip at 25p per mile = another £250.

Plus an extra 4 nights in a hotel, even at just £50 per night, this is another £200.

So fliying costs £400. Driving costs £700.

what about the ferry ? we have paid £43 return for the start of july 4 day break http://www.speedferries.com/ Dover - Boulogne

Taken from https://www.theaa.com

Your route details

To: Disneyland Paris,France
    Distance: 288.2 km

Time: 3 hr 2 min

you may find that 5 days is too many to spend just at the disney parks,if you have a car you could explore the area better :) or maybe stay a night somewhere else on the way down / back to Boulogne :)
  • poe.tuesday
    Rachie_B wrote: »

you may find that 5 days is too many to spend just at the disney parks,if you have a car you could explore the area better :) or maybe stay a night somewhere else on the way down / back to Boulogne :)

you are joking ain't you :D try prizing the children away from the place

given that there is a day eitherside you only really get 3 full days at the parks and that really isn't enough time to go to both parks, see all the show and go on all the rides at least twice, we usually 1 day in the studios doing all the shows and tours etc (not that many rides in that park) and see the parade then spend the other two days in the main park, there is plenty to do to keep you busy
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Oh yes i am sure you COULD spend 3 full days in the parks,not sure i would find enough to do though TBH

But we are all different and my children are older ,10 & 4

We spent one whole day there last oct and saw / did everything we wanted to and more !

we didnt bother with the studios as were told theres not a huge amount to do , and if only having one day best to stick to the park :)

going again for one day in july ,we get there when it opens and stay til it shuts !
  • mrskaz
    mrskaz Posts: 109 Forumite
    Hi everyone, well we booked our holiday with Siesta Holidays (from the link fabwith gave me:T thanks!) I know going by coach isnt some peoples cup of tea but I hate flying and dh didnt want to do the drive...the coaches from Siesta look great-lots of room etc. We're going from the 6th November to the 9th November 2 adukts 2 children staying in the Cheyenne and 2 full day hopper passess for everyone= £558 I'm very pleased with that!

The itinery says we get into France at 6pm (not sure if we're crossing via ferry or tunnel as it doesnt really specify, it could be either but I'm guessing more likely to be ferry) Does anyone know how long it will take to reach Disneyland paris from leaving the ferry terminal??

Many thanks

Karen.xx
  • poe.tuesday
    Rachie_B wrote: »
    Oh yes i am sure you COULD spend 3 full days in the parks,not sure i would find enough to do though TBH

But we are all different and my children are older ,10 & 4

We spent one whole day there last oct and saw / did everything we wanted to and more !

we didnt bother with the studios as were told theres not a huge amount to do , and if only having one day best to stick to the park :)

going again for one day in july ,we get there when it opens and stay til it shuts !

my children are 9 and 7 and they have always had plenty to do in the parks that keep them busy for 3 whole days and we have been twice a year for a few years now and never been bored

as for the studios, there is loads to do and you are missing out if you don't go there, the stunt show is amazing to start with, there are not that many rides as such but you can easily spend a whole day there going to all the shows etc.
  • pompeyrich
    pompeyrich Posts: 3,135
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    mrskaz wrote: »
    Hi everyone, well we booked our holiday with Siesta Holidays (from the link fabwith gave me:T thanks!) I know going by coach isnt some peoples cup of tea but I hate flying and dh didnt want to do the drive...the coaches from Siesta look great-lots of room etc. We're going from the 6th November to the 9th November 2 adukts 2 children staying in the Cheyenne and 2 full day hopper passess for everyone= £558 I'm very pleased with that!

The itinery says we get into France at 6pm (not sure if we're crossing via ferry or tunnel as it doesnt really specify, it could be either but I'm guessing more likely to be ferry) Does anyone know how long it will take to reach Disneyland paris from leaving the ferry terminal??

Many thanks

Karen.xx

It takes around 3 hours, all on the Motorway, from Calais to EuroDisney. French Motorways always seem so less crowded than over here so should be a pleasant journey
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure