Topcashback Feedback Thread

MSE_Martin
MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 13 October 2009 at 8:46PM in Shop but don't drop

We're about to start reviewing our detailed guide to
Cashback Sites (also see the Cashback Maximiser tool). While the amount they payout is important, so is the payout reliability - do you actually get your money?
[title=http://images2.moneysavingexpert.com/images/dp/wtd_underline.gif]wtd_icon.gifRegular users please answer the poll[/title]

Therefore we'd like those who use the sites on a reasonably regular basis to help feedback a poll on payout reliability and enter a discussion on any other issues surrounding the sites.
This thread is to discuss
TOPCASHBACK FEEDBACK
Please vote in the poll above and give your feedback in the discussion thread.
[title=http://images2.moneysavingexpert.com/images/dp/wtd_underline.gif]wtd_icon.gifImportant - this is only about the last year[/title]
While in the past there were substantial problems with cashback sites, the big players have made attempts to improve reliability over the last year.
Therefore its important the feedback sticks to current performance, not issues that happened more than a year ago.

[title=http://images2.moneysavingexpert.com/images/dp/wtd_underline.gif]wtd_icon.gif Feedback on other cashback sites[/title]
There are also threads on the following other cashback sites

Thank you for your help

Martin

PS We will be monitoring these threads for any unusual or 'lobbying' voting patterns.
Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000

Rate Topcashback's reliability (1-5) at paying out cash earned over the last year 473 votes

5/5 No issues, quick and speedy
33% 159 votes
4/5 Minor glitches got all/vast majority of my cash though
40% 191 votes
3/5 Can be quite a grind, sometims payments missed
9% 44 votes
2/5 Unreliable I've not got my money on a no. of occassions
7% 35 votes
1/5 Awful hardly ever get the money due
9% 44 votes

Comments

• Sylvester
    Sylvester Posts: 1,202 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Never had as much as a tracking issue with them. Reliable payers, quick and full replies to any queries.

If another site offers the same cashback as TCB, I always use TCB as i'm more likely to get my money from them.
  • Have been paid out 1200.00 + from TCB, 110% all round ace from my experience. :T :T :T
  • I have been using TCB for 1 year now and it always paid the cashback.
    Sometimes (three times out of around 20) I have had some problems such as lower cashback or long wait before the retailer processed the transaction (although the tracking has always been ok)...but TCB has always been helpful and pretty quick (1-2 days max) in answering my requests. Everytime (except the last one that is still ongoing) they have managed to resolve the problems and give me the right, expected money. Goog website and excellent offers.
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey Posts: 9,486 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    TCB is the obvious first choice if you are a buyer, genuine top-ups a real bonus for loyalty. No admin fee, a referral program and great CS.

Lynsey
    **** Sealed Pot Challenge - Member #96 ****
    No. 9 target £600 - :staradmin (x21)
    No. 6 Total £740.00 - No. 7 £1000.00 - No. 8 £875.00 - No. 9 £700.00 (target met)
  • barnabee
    barnabee Posts: 1,210 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Apart from the awful problems that were experienced across all of the cashback site with Asda Finance earlier this year I have had no problems whatsoever with TCB. If I have had to raise an enquiry it is dealt with quickly and politely.

I am not 100% sure that they handled/advertised the issues with a major competitor bullying them over Virgin Media cashback a few months back but I have more confidence in TCB than any other cashback site.
  • Have used TCB for over a year now and although I have had a couple of items that haven't tracked, TCB have chased them up and any issues have been resolved so far. Excellent site and they pay you very quickly when you ask for your money!
  • I like TCB. They offer an incentive to use them by paying over 100% to regular users. I had a very annoying issue with Nokia that failed to track at 30% on a expensive purchase, but I think that was more about Nokia than TCB. Everything else has tracked and become payable.
  • poppy10_2
    poppy10_2 Posts: 6,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Atomised wrote: »
    I had an account with them and went to log in last week but they'd deletd my account!

They deleted my account because I hadn't been active for 6 months :(

I lost all the cashback I had accumulated :mad:
    poppy10
  • SHEILA54
    SHEILA54 Posts: 1,813 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Hi

I use them regularly but have 3 outstanding payments that have not tracked and 1 that tracked for a much lower amount. Two of these go back to January, one to March and another to September.

The payments that track go through quickly and are paid out promptly.
  • On track to clear over £200 in 9 months with Topcashback, don't know why I've not used them before.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure