We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream thread continues.....

Comments

• rhiwfield
    rhiwfield Posts: 2,482 Forumite
    Don't know whether it was rain then freeze or a shower falling on frozen ground but people were slip-sliding and falling this morning on frozen paths and pavements.

With official crimble coming, queues at the PO are getting silly, and made no better when we take our usual 10 or so parcels to the counter. Its getting so I can feel the hate from the queue behind us, even though we queue with the rest :cool:

But as one of the PO ladies remarks when we finally reach the counter "thank goodness for someone who knows what they are doing". Usually just after some old dear/bloke spends ten minutes discussing the options of sending a package to Australia :D

Ah well, DW down with heavy cold so I dont think we'll be venturing out tomorrow (sorry CTC, we'll be there before long, but DW got pneumonia last year from ignoring her health and I'm not going to let her be daft this year)
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837
    First Post
    Forumite
    hi all

coldy coldy coldy here !! :eek:

my fuel arrived...:j:j

im off out on the razzle tonite to see band...alabama 3 [for CTC to google:D ]

tomorow is out for me CTC....got to wait in for this pain in the butt bayers courier..:mad: she gives me NO notice...:mad::mad:
    just got her email...

ive had temp fix on toof :)
    got extra work coming at me from all angles :D they know i need the dosh for crimble...;) just got to fit it all in :o

got big dog coming to stay for 2 weeks NEXT weekend whilst owners in mauritius...:( :D

im sat here with a colour on my hair so best get it off before i end up like a clown...:rotfl::rotfl:
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Yes, it was a bit slippery this morning and nothing un-froze until around lunchtime here.

I didn't have a very productive day, although I got a bit more wiring done. Even in the poly, it was a rather chilly 6C under the grey skies.

Never mind, I got Screwfix to agree to replace the electric chain saw I bought two months ago, which began smoking after 30 minutes, thanks to a chain oiler that didn't. Otherwise, I was happy with it. It was cheap.:o

Nevertheless, it beats me how they can produce a 16 page manual and fail to mention the gauge or the pitch of the chain! I'd say that was essential info for sharpening. They couldn't say why the info wasn't there, or why the chain supplied is already redundant from Oregon's POV. :(
  • Rhiwie, no problem, hope DW will be ok,

Alfie.. no worries about tomorrow, with eldest being 18 tomorrow, and him going out around the pubs, I dont think i would have been good company, will be on tender hooks all night

Seen Alabama 3 a few years back in the bulldog bash , good band, hubby thought they were ok, but not his cup of tea...
    Work to live= not live to work
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    It was very cold and slippy here today and I am glad that I do not have to venture out tomorrow as I gather it is to be just as cold :eek: I am having trouble with condensation in my car and it takes me as long to scrape the inside as the outside :mad:

I really should get myself into action and get the pressie wrapped and the tree up but I am feeling decidedly unfestive which is not like me at all :(

After having a good think about the garden I spoke to my OH and he agreed with all the things I suggested apart from the moving of the raspberries as he feels that we have just started to get a good crop from them and thinks that moving them would ruin that.
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I think it's about the 15th January.
    Choille

Do you kno w yet when the sun returns for choille day this spring? I am wondering if I can plan some pruning just right for a bonfire of nice things.
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Rhiwfield - Hope Mrs Rhiwfield is feeling better. I got a pneumonia type vaccine jag at the docs today as advised to - lasts 10 years. Might be worth considering.

Dave we are looking for an electric chain saw - would you recommend the Screwfix one?

It's inky black here & raining - so a thaw looks on the cards....Maybe we can venture across country tomorrow.
  • Christmas decs and trees up here - one large, one small. Present buying has commenced in a small way.

Estate agents have been in (yesterday).

More news next week :D

Keep warm and safe, everyone!
    "...And if it don't feel good, what are you doing it for?" - Robbie Williams - 'Candy'
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    choille wrote: »
    Dave we are looking for an electric chain saw - would you recommend the Screwfix one?.

Not really. The advantage is that it has a 2 year guarantee, but there's no servicing, spares etc. Basically, Screwfix will just give you a new one if you complain that it's broken. That's fine if you just want to pay around £60 to see how much use it will be, as I did. I wouldn't expect it to last longer than 2 years anyway, though it might. :)

If you want one that will have spares availability and still be relatively cheap, then look for a Makita. Their 3520 is around £110 and the 3530 is about £175. Spares by post are possible with those.

I know Stihl also do electrics, but they probably won't be that cheap. What do the dealers in your area stock?
  • This time 18 years ago I was in labour:eek::eek::eek::eek::rotfl:

where has the time gone:o:o It seems like as though it never excisted as its gone so quick...

I am on my own tonight for a while, as eldest is going out, youngest has a gig in town, so hubby will be going, so I think I will be having a little sob to myself, and a bit of a panick wondering if eldest is ok..

I know I shouldnt be so protective and allow them to grow up, As I shouldnt talk, knowing what i got up to and done in my time:cool::cool::D, but I know what can happen.

Not as cold this morning...Yesturday was bitterly cold, couldnt warm up at all.

we bought an electric chainsaw from the auction... for a few quid, it was a gamble, but for the price it went for it was worth it... that was a few years ago.. still going strong...
    Work to live= not live to work
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport