PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Candle Wax On Wallpaper-Help!

2»

Comments

• squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Twice!!!!!!!! :p;):):D
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • maggiesoup
    maggiesoup Posts: 766 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Any idea on how to get spilled candlewax off plain navy blue wallpaper!
  • Penny-Pincher!!
    Penny-Pincher!! Posts: 8,325 Forumite
    I had exactly the same problem last year and posted but cant find the thread. Unfortunatly all the advice given didnt help get the mark off the wallpaper but appreciated the advice all the same.

Sorry I couldnt help further.

PP
    xx
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
  • frizz_head
    frizz_head Posts: 7,339 Forumite
    Brown paper and an Iron - on a low temperature works - well worked on our carpet, not so sure about wallpaper though.

Good luck :D
    Only 5% of those who can give blood, actually do!
    Do Something Amazing Today.
    Save a Life - Give Blood.:A
    20 pints donated! :j:j
  • Penny-Pincher!!
    Penny-Pincher!! Posts: 8,325 Forumite
    I tried the brown paper and iron and although you may be able to get the wax off, the colour stain will probably remain. I also tried the hairspray one:cool:

PP
    x
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
  • Twig
    Twig Posts: 59 Forumite
    Just wanted to say thanks for the hairspray tip, which has just saved my 3yr olds life :D

He ran his toy spaceship up the white wallpaper we put up last week and left 2 long tyre tracks :eek: - then he tried to clean it up with a wetwipe before we spotted it !

Thank goodness the hairspray worked - he lives to destoy again another day !!!
  • White wallpaper to a 3 year-old .... isn't that like red rag to a bull? :cheesy: Thank heavens for hairspray!
  • THINKS for shearing information
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport