IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Ethical Parking Management - Charge

Hi all,

received a parking charge notice yesterday from the above company who are BPA approved for £40. i got it in workplace car park.

is this safe to ignore? strangely the permit was on the dash right next to the notice stuck on the window.

ethical my ....!

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Comments

• ManxRed
    ManxRed Posts: 3,530 Forumite
    Are you the registered keeper of the car? If so, yes, you can ignore everything.

If its a company car or a lease car then let us know.
    Je Suis Cecil.
  • yes its definitely my car.

should i appeal or anything? let them know i wont pay? bit nervous about just ignoring! thx
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Yes you can ignore them - Several past threads about these non-ethical numpties in here if you want to look. :)

Don't waste your time contacting them unless you really want to take the POPLA route as that only prolongs the attempts to scam you.
  • I see these 'ethical' crooks still offer clamping on their website.

Oh, how kind! :rotfl:
  • climber1
    climber1 Posts: 12 Forumite
    I got another one yesterday - unbelievable. and i did display permit all correctly. talk about day light robbery! :mad:
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    It's not robbery if you don't pay.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • climber1
    climber1 Posts: 12 Forumite
    and they definitely cant ban me from using the car park or clamp me in future ... its where i work - university
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,657
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    climber1 wrote: »
    and they definitely cant ban me from using the car park or clamp me in future ... its where i work - university

Of course not, you aren't going to reply so they can't connect the car to an employee anyway! Stop taking the scam so seriously and just ignore the usual letters.

And BTW, clamping is illegal, where have you been?! Their website still shows it as an option but that's complete hogwash as it's a criminal offence:

http://www.ethicsgroup.co.uk/wheelclamping1.html

For Gawd's sake wise up and read some other threads on the forum here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

HTH
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • appeal , and also appeal afterwards to POLPA.
    This will cost ETHICAL £27.00
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,657
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    markmango wrote: »
    appeal , and also appeal afterwards to POLPA.
    This will cost ETHICAL £27.00

Not sure I would if I was an employee. We had a similar query on here last month and felt that another family member (girlfriend I think it was) should appeal (different address and surname) if anyone was going to, in order to completely remove the issue from being connected to the employee. But that was only because the OP of that thread really wanted to appeal because it was a daft fake PCN that needed to be exposed to POPLA & cancelled.

It's just as good for this OP to ignore but if he really wants an appeal done, under these circs I wouldn't suggest he appeals in his own name.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure