Asda Complaint

Comments

• I am shocked and disgusted how I have been treated over the incident I had at the my local Asda, where I was subjected to physical abuse from ? the Customer Services Manager.

I contacted the police about the above incident and they gave me good advice. ? is apparently well known by the police for causing disturbances around the Fife area. I am shocked that Asda has employed a person who cannot conduct himself in professional manner and who is very aggressive. I advise that this person should not be working in a supermarket dealing with customers.

I am even more shocked how the complaints department has handled my investigation. There has been a big cover up of ? behavior.

I would like to complain about the person I spoke to at the complaints department for not dealing with my complaint as he told me he would. He said he spoke to another manager in the my local branch and took his word that ? was a ‘nice man’ and no further action was needed. That is not dealing with my complaint. ? said the matter was dealt with and the complaint was closed. I did not accept that answer and asked to speak to a manager.

The female manager rang me and was calm and polite but was not willing to help any further with my incident. The manager mentioned that the case was not closed and they have not yet spoken to the local branch. I was confused because ? said he had sorted it out and the case was closed.

I now release that my complaint has not been investigated at all and I have now been told lies.

I also said I would like to know the outcome of what action they were going to take of the two employees called T (an earlier complaint) and ? that had been rude and abusive to me. Only to be told we don’t give that information out. If this was the case why did ? tell me the outcome to his investigation? This does not make any sense. I feel that I was lied to again.

The police have advised me that it is company policy to follow up customer complaints and to give an outcome of the incident. The police’s impression was that they felt Asda are trying to hide something from me, of which I totally agree.

I am asking for T to be given proper training on how to treat customers with total respect.

I am asking for ? to be transferred to another branch or better still to be sacked.

With both of these employees still located at this branch. I do not feel comfortable shopping in Asda. This is a total inconvenience as it’s my local shop.

This is the worst customer service I have ever come across. Please note Asda will not deal with your complaints and want you to go away!
  • Dave_C_2
    Dave_C_2 Posts: 1,827 Forumite
    asdaisbad wrote: »
    I am shocked and disgusted how I have been treated over the incident I had at the my local Asda, where I was subjected to physical abuse from ? the Customer Services Manager.
    <snip rest of long rambling post>
    So what happened that was so shocking and disgusting?
    What was the earlier complaint? Who is T?

Please read post 150.

Also using a punctuation mark to represent a person in written text is bad as it makes the post difficult to read and follow. Perhaps use CSM instead.

Dave
  • This is my order from NEXT: They are the best so far with communicating with their customers...Maybe Asda should have a look of NEXT policy on customers service..
    Date Time Status
    02/02/2013 09:01 Courier Received
    02/02/2013 05:46 Out For Delivery
    02/02/2013 04:20 Processed at Depot
    01/02/2013 19:08 Warehouse Scan
    01/02/2013 14:24 Order Processed - not yet Dispatched

On the 5th of January we ordered an Ashford Wide Chest of drawers. We were impressed by the quick response confirming the order.

On the 18th January, we got an email saying the order number 09396164 has left the warehouse and is on the way.

On the 22nd January, hearing nothing from neither ASDA DIRECT or the courier, we emailed our concern. The following day, we got a phone call lasted 19 seconds from a blocked number saying that the delivery will be on Thursday the next DAY! I must admit the caller didn't sound too happy on the phone.
    At the same time we received a call from ASDA customer service, acknowledging the receipt of the email sent on the 22/1/13. The person reminded us about the 28 days delivery policy, she was informed that we have already been told that the item will be delivered on Thursday the 24th January.

We understand the weather has not been too good, but that doesn't stop one from communicating!
    What we CANNOT understand is why whoever called using a block number to say the delivery will be next day and never happened. We stayed in all day on Thursday, we even went to bed later than usual, just in case it turned up. No sight of it up to now. No one bothered to call or email. Everyone has gone dumb.

That is DISGUSTING! APPALLING! All this time we've been using Asda, we never have such poor service.
    That is why we have decided never to use your company again. We'll make sure our friends think twice before using it too.
  • I have made at least 20-30 similar complaints to ASDA regarding home shopping. I have had the same problems not turning up on time, not sending the right goods. Bad dates missing whole sections of the orders. When you complain no one rings back. They simply offer a voucher or credit on the account. They don't actually care. There is no system for escalation of a complaint as they are not in any organisation such as insurance or gas where you can complain to a governing body.

So I have developed a new system which guarantees you get all your money back. This is as follows:

1. Sign the drivers documents as 'Unchecked' never your name.

2. Check the whole order off and make the driver wait. This really !!!!es off the driver and who is simply dying to get to the next of his 20 multi drop stops.

3. Ring and complain You will get your money back for any missing or damaged items. Make sure you add several items to the list to cover your £ 5 delivery charge. One good one is to purchase the 3 for £ 10 wine and say you only received 1 bottle. They refund the whole of the £ 10 and you get three free bottles.

4. DO this several times in a row.

5. If they still !!!! up then make sure you pay by credit credit the next time.

6. Simply ring up your credit card company and say the ASDA supplied the incorrect goods and you have asked them to collect the goods and you are going to shop elsewhere and to issue a complete refund. They will eventually give you a refund. And ASDA never collect the goods.

Then start the whole process again. My home shopping is certainly working well for me I have reduced my bill by a third due to this companies total lack of care and attention to the customers.

You may think this is unreasonable or even dishonest but look back at the first line of this complaint (20-30 complaints) and no response from ASDA. Until they are hit by many people in the pocket they will not do anything about it.
  • Scott821
    Scott821 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 4 February 2013 at 4:03PM
    I ordered over £900 of furniture from asda in December, it was delivered and had parts missing for the bedside cabinet. All 3 draw runners were missing and one foot split. I called asda directs so called service team and was told that parts would arrive in 7 days. On the 28th I called and was told that you had 'forgotten' to order them, and the lady Jade said she would contact the supplier and call me back. No one called me. I called again and was told that the supplier was going to contact me. No one called me. On the 30th I called again, guess what, they hadn't been ordered, and I was told that my complaint would be escalated to a manager and I would get a call back within 3 hours. No one called me. 31st called again and was told a manager would call me the next day. Again nothing. On the 1st I called again and got a manager on the phone 'Tasmin' who could not explain why I had not received the parts, why they hadn't been ordered or why a manager hadn't called me. Human error was her explanation! I asked for the complaint to be investigated and was told that she is the most senior person there and they have no process to investigate complaints and she couldn't find out what went wrong.!
    As it stands I still have not received the parts or have any confidence that they will arrive. I cant understand how a team can be so incompetent and service so unimportant to asda!!
    I will most certainly never use Asda direct ever again. I am astounded at how much time I have had to waste trying to get 3 draw runners and a foot for a cabinet.!
  • likelyfran
    likelyfran Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    From my own experiences with Asda 'customer service' and their apparent 'policies' regarding customer service, and those of others, I'm really now wondering how the h*** Asda treat their staff.

If they treat them like ***t, that might go some way to explaining why so many Asda 'colleagues' treat their customers the same way.

And I really wish Asda would employ some basic hygiene training for their staff, or at least some standards when hiring employees..I've really seen some shocking sights provided by their cashiers.. :eek:
    *Look for advice, not 'advise'*
    *Could/should/would HAVE please!*

:starmod:
    “It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.” ~ Krishnamurti. :starmod:
    :dance:
  • mttylad
    mttylad Posts: 1,520
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Asda do treat their staff like poo, there is generally no support for them - they have to put up with offensive and insulting customers all day.
    Complaining about it gets them nowhere, the customer gets paid off and the staff have to put up with it. They also do not get the opportunities to go wash their hands etc as they are tied to the till (restricted from leaving).

I can understand why they are peed off and not exactly most helpful - however I have always found them to be better than those at tesco.
  • likelyfran
    likelyfran Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    I can understand staff that aren't treated well not being very happy in their jobs but sorry, I can't understand them transferring that into their attitude to the customers.
    If you can't be pleasant, friendly and helpful - as a default - when dealing with customers then you really shouldn't be in the job!
    *Look for advice, not 'advise'*
    *Could/should/would HAVE please!*

:starmod:
    “It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.” ~ Krishnamurti. :starmod:
    :dance:

• Thiscompany is the epitome of the word ‘disgrace’. Their customer service is beyond disgusting.

They have afront call Asda Flowers which you all may mistake for a florist; however theyare a vile bunch of cowboys and frauds.

I orderedflowers for Mothers Day (how unusual!) but to make sure there were no problemsI ordered them for delivery a day early. They did not show up and by the time I got in touch with them on MothersDay, they said they had posted the flowers! Actually posted them, letterbox andall!

The serviceI received from their customer service team on Mothers Day was pathetic, therewas no assistance provided and the phone operator could not care less about theissue.

However didnot bother to use special delivery to ensure they arrived on time, no my motherreceived them 2 days late!

What on earthare they doing posting flowers? Why onearth would a client choose to receive limp, dead flowers in a bashed box? Why do they even offer this service? What possible use could it have?

When theflowers arrived, as you can imagine, they were in no fit state for a gift; brown,bashed and broken. They were an atrociousmess and not fit for display. A waste ofhard earned cash.

My fatherwas so shocked by the state of the flowers he drove to an Asda store. The shop would not replace the flowers orrefund the money so my father left them at the store. The staff within the store were extremelyrude to him. He has written a complaintalso.

I havewritten a number of complaints and neither my father nor I have received aresponse from this dreadful organisation.

So, what doyou all think?

[*]You pay good money for a service
      [*]Receive a terrible product which is unusable
      [*]Try to return it for a reasonable replacement and are rebuffed
      [*]Complain via phone and receive no help from their staff
      [*]Are treated rudely in store
      [*]Complain via their customer service email team and are ignored, time and time and time again.

Do you wantto spend your hard earned cash there?

Does yourmum deserve better than this? I knowmine does.
    • 22/03/2013
      WARNING TO ALL ASDA/WALMART CUSTOMERS
      having been an Asda customer for many years, complaining only once (badly cooked chicken), problem resolved quickly and politely and refund given.
      for the last couple of weeks I have purchased strawberries which have gone bad well before the sell by date and I have had to throw them away. last Saturday 16/03/2013. I did my usual weekly shop. I thought I would mention the strawberry situation to the customer service. we are only talking about one week £2 and the next week £3. I wasn't really bothered about the money.
      the girl on customer services asked me if I had my receipt and if I didn't had I brought the items back. I said no on both counts and it would have cost more in petrol to make one off trip to store to return the goods, I at least thought commonsense would prevail. I was told I should have kept the receipt until I had eaten all the food, I asked her who keeps the receipt for perishable goods and she said she did( there's always one)
      I asked to speak to a manager but was told they were all on their tea breaks. I offered to wait until they returned but my offer was refused. she took my name and phone number and told me someone would phone me.
      after 5 hours having not received a call I phone them, I spoke to or at least I tried to speak to the duty manager Sarah Hedda) but she was very curt and accused me of being rude and put the phone down on me. I was not rude I am a pensioner and I pride myself on the fact that I am neither rude nor discourteous if I was I am sure there's a job in Asda customer services waiting for me and I had not even asked for my money back.
      my daughter who was present while I was making this call couldn't believe she had put the phone down on me. she immediately phone Sarah Hedda and told her that it was her who was being and totally unprofessional
      she apologised to my daughter and said she should not have put the phone down on me. my then explained my complaint and that I had been waiting for 5 hours for some to get back to me. something I would have told her had she not put the phone down on me. she blamed customer services and offered my daughter £5 for the strawberries and a 10 gift card but offered no apology to me.
      as I have said it was not about the money. I phoned the store on Monday (18/03)and asked to speak to the manager Mark hill I was told he would contact me on Tuesday well it now Friday evening and guess what no call.
      all the people who work for Asda i.e.: checkout, trolley collectors, cleaners could all teach their management a thing or 2 about manners and customer respect.
      so be aware everybody who shops at Asda/Wal-Mart if you pay by cash for your shopping by cash your are treated like dirt or like horsemeat in their ready meals
      may make a suggestion the money I was offered if Sarah want to take this money and go to Amazon she will find a book called Delbert's A-Z of Modern Manners by Jo Bryant, Sarah Corny and Ruth Massey she could purchase this it might help her when dealing with the people who shop at her store and ultimately keep her in a job
      marie riley
      marie@chrisriley.co.uk
    This discussion has been closed.
    Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
    • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
    • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
    • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
    • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
    • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
    • 172.8K Life & Family