Butti's Journey: A matter of loaf and death

Hello Peeps

Well here we are at my diary or my cry for help as you may like to call it! Shortly, when someone from Aaardman actually get back to me and tells me it's trade marked we may be calling it something else entirely, but in the words of a psychotic lover 'they haven't returned my calls'.

Oh dear this is going well, I'm rambling already.

So where am I in my journey.
At the moment it feels like hurtling towards a situation in which I am waiting for Kharma to join the dots. I have four days in which to declutter, sort, paint and start repairing a hoose. On the fifth day I shall move about 170 miles away and start a new job on the seventh. As the kharmic quote is from Steve Jobs I am kinda hoping for divine intervention from him in helping join the dots. C'mon Steve.

Anyway having tired of living the high life on benefits:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:I am getting a job. A real permanant job down south where I am led to believe they still have jobs.

I have decided to start a diary so you can all keep me on the straight and narrow (you may prefer to call it shouting at me!) I did wonder whether to start in about a month because;
1. I'll have been paid
2. I'll have spent MORE MONEY on having a fitted wardrobe put in that actually works with doors that actually slide, paint, more paint and a new sink. Why do I need a new sink? Because my lovely 1970's brown version has a leak and the tap is integral to the sink. Then we let the house (we being me and the friend of a friend who is my agent who in setting deadlines has just made the job real and the timescale real and the amount of work real!) :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
3. I shall be living on a narrowboat close to a pub with free wi-fi so in order to;
a. See any Olympics
b. Communicate with any of you lot
I shall have to spend some time in the pub. See how I suffer for your entertainment! :beer:

But we're starting now so I'm just warning you. My debt will go UP in the short term but it has to or I will not let the house when it will start to go down.

So there we are. I'm sure a budget (or several) will pass in the next few days. I'll have to give you lot something to do ;).
First job for today - some paint for the garage door! More money :mad:

Butti
Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,130 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Happy shiney new diary Butti for this new phase in your life!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • skint_spice
    skint_spice Posts: 12,625 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Scary as it is the debt going up after working on keeping it down for so long but the debt will be gone eventually! And it is an investment...
    Hope the new job goes well for you, I'm away tomorrow but hope to hear good things on my return :D
    Mortgage End Date: Apr 36/Aiming for Aug 28/Current Sep 35

Mortgage OP 2024 £2250/7000

Mortgage balance: £52660

• katsu
    katsu Posts: 4,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    'grats B. You have to let me know where daaarn saarf you will be - maybe some of us can get together again?
    Debt at highest: £8k. Debt Free 31/12/2009. Original MFD May 2036, MF Dec 2018.
  • Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks Kat.

Agreed payments to Dad today starting from September. He asked whether it was a loan or a gift ie. whether I owe him any money. OMG I think I gave him the wrong answer.:rotfl:Why do the banks never ask me this?
    Need to check the budgie tomorrow and then hone it down.

MOT for car tomorrow so fingers crossed :T

In good news I did get a letter from DSS confirming my unemployed status.....so tomorrow I send that off to Career Development Loan people to get rid of them till December. Buys me a bit of breathing space which I might need IF I struggle to let the house.
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Happy new diary... :wave:

Fingers crossed for MOT.
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    congrats on your job. HOpe the painting goes well.
    chev
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 29 July 2012 at 7:14PM
    Well Chev the painting hasn't gone at all. I sanded down the garage door and then realised I would have to leave it in an up position while it dries unless I want drips. So that will have to wait until I am back home for a few days and have time to clear out the garage.

The MOT went surprisingly well - no work at all. £40 in total.:T

As for me, I am now established on my cousin's boat. It would be SO tempting to just stay on the boat tomorrow but having got this far I guess I'd better go to work. It's SO beautiful here, you can hear the odd rubber duck noise - I'm assuming this is a Moor Hen rather than a rubber duck.

Right better cook tea and sort myself for tomorrow GULP!

B x
    48% off mortgage

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,130 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Best of Scottish for tomorrow Butti :grin:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Butti wrote: »
    Well Chev the painting hasn't gone at all. I sanded down the garage door and then realised I would have to leave it in an up position while it dries unless I want drips.

It won't have drips if you apply *THIN* layers of paint. Just be careful around the handle.

If you scraped the paint off - the door will go rusty quicker.
    The MOT went surprisingly well - no work at all. £40 in total.:T

That is good news.
    As for me, I am now established on my cousin's boat. It would be SO tempting to just stay on the boat tomorrow but having got this far I guess I'd better go to work.

Good luck for tomorrow - knock 'em dead. Just not literally.
    It's SO beautiful here, you can hear the odd rubber duck noise - I'm assuming this is a Moor Hen rather than a rubber duck.

That'll be a 10-4 good buddy... ;)
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Butti sorry i didnt know u had a diary ... Have not been on dfw for ages as i am currently in hiding due to all the spends i've had ( not looking forward to admitting that lot i can tell ya )

All the best for your first day ... Hope you've got your apple for lunch :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure