next ebay free listing day?

Comments

• cyberbob
    cyberbob Posts: 9,480 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Jonj1611 wrote: »
    Are there any conditions to the free listing? Just tried listing some items with a start price varying between 99p and 3.99 and they wanted a listing fee?

Jon

How does it say. Normally it will tell you the fee but when you look at the bottom total it will say £0
  • 2Sheds
    2Sheds Posts: 292 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Anyone know if a free listing day is on the cards soon?
  • 2Sheds wrote: »
    Anyone know if a free listing day is on the cards soon?

there will prob be one around start of july, seems to be at the start of month, just a thought mind you,

also last free listing day i listed 43 items and sold 1
    so i just relisted and paid fees and have a few items with bids on now with a few days to go.
    Unless i have a high value item i'm going to avoid the free listing days.
    let he without sin cast the first stone
  • MadelinesMum
    MadelinesMum Posts: 862 Forumite
    edited 29 June 2010 at 11:00AM
    Hi, the same happen to me - I listed loads of items and only sold a couple. I think Ebay becomes totally clogged with stuff on the free listing days and there's less chnce of selling/getting a good price for your items (in my experience - depends on what you are listing I suppose.)
    I must remember that "Money Saving" is not buying heavily discounted items that I do not need. :hello:
  • 2Sheds
    2Sheds Posts: 292 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hopefully it will be this Sunday, as I'm out the one after.

I use the free lisiting days to sell stuff cheap, for prices about £1.20 or £1.30, at least after the ebay and paypal fees you might get a £1.

Ebay isn't much good now for cheap selling, photograph, list, answer question, send invoice, wrap, post all for a £1 :(
  • thriftymanc
    thriftymanc Posts: 787 Forumite
    July 24th and 25th are free listing - just had an email from eBay about it.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,164 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 23 July 2010 at 7:52AM
    July 24th and 25th are free listing - just had an email from eBay about it.

It's being mentioned on the community boards but there is no announcement to link to yet. As soon as there is I'll start a new thread with the details. Thank you

EDIT: Found some details,
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Hello,

Does anyone have any idea if and when eBay will next have a free listing period?

Regards,
    Andrew.
  • Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooo?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills