making a photo calendar. help please?

I have been taking photos to represent various months and want to make a calendar for a christmas gift. Possibly 3 but no more. Have briefly looked at some sites and they vary in price from about £7 to £15 each. Has anyone had any experience with creating one that could point me as to who may be best/cheapest?

Comments

• http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PERSANALISED-FAMILY-PHOTO-CALENDER-2009_W0QQitemZ330246506543QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116
    I have never used this seller before but i have bought calenders through ebay in the past.
    :j
  • Tired_Mom
    Tired_Mom Posts: 670 Forumite
    Hi

I do the same every year and have three to make. I have done them myself by buying the blank calendars and sticking the photos on but it works out no cheaper.

I now use Truprint, if you register with them they send you details of offers and nearer to christmas they send out a half price deal. Usually if you spend over a certain amount there is also a code for a free photo mug which you can use for another present.

Hope this helps.
  • rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    I have bought 5 'create a calendars' to make my own... http://www.thepapermillshop.co.uk/acatalog/sketchpads.html. They had an offer on a week or so ago instore of 5 for pirce of 4. The quality of these is fab!

Snapfish currently have a 1p each for first 50 photos offer (on voucher thread I think).
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • mary43
    mary43 Posts: 5,845 Forumite
    Thats a super idea rainmac - might well order some of those, plus the scrapbook jotter to make scrapbook for baby grandson.
    Mary

I'm creative -you can't expect me to be neat too !
    (Good Enough Member No.48)
  • RustyFlange
    RustyFlange Posts: 7,538 Forumite
    rainmac wrote: »
    I have bought 5 'create a calendars' to make my own... http://www.thepapermillshop.co.uk/acatalog/sketchpads.html. They had an offer on a week or so ago instore of 5 for pirce of 4. The quality of these is fab!

Snapfish currently have a 1p each for first 50 photos offer (on voucher thread I think).

They have this offer still on in my local store - Gateshead :)
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • mrs_baggins
    mrs_baggins Posts: 1,290 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    thanks everyone given me a few ones to think about
  • could you not make the calander on your computer and print it out? I used to have a programme on my computer where you just printed your own calender and it gave you different layouts - i'll have a look through and see if i can find it. you could easily put it on a nice piece of card each month, and any birthdays etc mark it off for them maybe with a smaller photo of the persons birthday, or a drawing of a cake/present?

just an idea :)

good luck in your search

nutty xx
    2008 Wins: 2 x VIP tickets to Ministry Of Sound, Umbrella, Tea Towel, £50 Tesco Gift Card, Amplifier (worth over £1,100 alone).

"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You" (Dr Seuss)
  • mrs_baggins
    mrs_baggins Posts: 1,290 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    thanks chillin-nuta. Yes I could do that but I wanted one which is nicely printed on proper paper and stuff like that. After trawling the net last night(am i sad or wot?) I actually found a site who will do one for free!!! I was a bit dubiuos to be honest and it took me ages sorting out the photos for the correct dpi and pixel size but i did it last night. You do have to pay for postage £2.60) and a one off upload fee of £2 something so its not totally free but I would have had to pay postage anyway and while i was there i also got 10 free fridge magnets of my own design. will let you know if they are any good when they come!!
  • mary43
    mary43 Posts: 5,845 Forumite
    mrs.baggins - that sounds worth having. I can't upload my photos as I dont have all the hit tech stuff to do it.........so photos are taken with ordinary camera but I allways take two (in case one doesn't turn out.......lol)
    Mary

I'm creative -you can't expect me to be neat too !
    (Good Enough Member No.48)
  • scrivette
    scrivette Posts: 201 Forumite
    I have used Bonusprint before for their calenders and I was impressed by the quality.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure