Cost of name changing on property title deeds

2»

Comments

• vaio
    vaio Posts: 12,287 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    buzzybee67 wrote: »
    Does anyone pse know how we change the % we own on our house. we have separated on our small home which is mortgage free.as we are joint owners we are 50/50 owners but we want it to be myself 1/3 and my wife 2/3 so when it is sold at a later date i get 1/3 of sale price and not 50/50. anyone know of easy way to change this?? many thanks guys
    skintchick wrote: »
    How about changing your own name? I got married and need to change, I could add hubby but he doesn;t mind if not, there is no mortgage on it.

Go to the horses mouth, I found the land registry staff were really helpful (and they probably have plenty of time on their hands at the moment)
  • And can you help a Senior couple Please ? How does one add the name of the husband to the already Title holder wife's name ,to make it a Joint title ? No mortgage ,no money passes hands. Thanks
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,955 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Same way, get transfer forms from the Land registry and send them off with the fee.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • never_enough
    never_enough Posts: 1,495 Forumite
    edited 15 June 2009 at 11:38PM
    skintchick wrote: »
    How about changing your own name? I got married and need to change, I could add hubby but he doesn;t mind if not, there is no mortgage on it.

I recently changed the name on mine & it was free. However there is a mortgage on it & the building society informed the land registry automatically once I'd changed my name with them.

So ignore me.... :0/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport