Living social/ M & S deal - did anyone have problems redeeming?

Options
Just tried to redeem my living social m & s £15 voucher I bought from living social in Feb.

To cut a long story short had two managers refusing to accept them, after they rang several stores who all claim they have not had any being used, the store claiming they have never been told about these deals from HQ blah blah - 45 minutes stood trying to buy stuff. M&S had nobody at their head office or support working who could help them, living social helpline not helping as closed at a weekend. Not happy!

Did anyone else have any issues? i have now emailed marks and living social, my goods are on hold for 48 hours and I am not happy!
Aim to win in 2013 - a holiday somewhere nice, New York break, treats for family & friends & some cash would be lovely!!!

Comments

• redagila
    redagila Posts: 6,300 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    shudd1967 wrote: »
    Just tried to redeem my living social m & s £15 voucher I bought from living social in Feb.

To cut a long story short had two managers refusing to accept them, after they rang several stores who all claim they have not had any being used, the store claiming they have never been told about these deals from HQ blah blah - 45 minutes stood trying to buy stuff. M&S had nobody at their head office or support working who could help them, living social helpline not helping as closed at a weekend. Not happy!

Did anyone else have any issues? i have now emailed marks and living social, my goods are on hold for 48 hours and I am not happy!

I redeemed by M&S one without any problem but I did use it almost immediately after receipt.

By the way, is it still valid?
  • shudd1967
    shudd1967 Posts: 772 Forumite
    Options
    Yes it had a year on it so does not expire til Feb next year. I can't even use it online as they ask for the 16 digit number and a pin! It only has a 12 digit number and no pin! Sooo frustrating!
    Aim to win in 2013 - a holiday somewhere nice, New York break, treats for family & friends & some cash would be lovely!!!
  • Babiesmummy_2
    Options
    If I remember rightly the first vouchers sent out were incorrect as they didn't have the unique 16 digit number and pin. They were all re-issued and re-sent. Without this they wont be accepted at M&S as the till doesn't recognise it.

Your problem needs resolving with Living social not M&S.

HTH
    Born and bred in Manchester (proud of it)
    Now living on the other side of the Pennines
  • Babiesmummy_2
    Options
    Born and bred in Manchester (proud of it)
    Now living on the other side of the Pennines
  • shudd1967
    Options
    Thanks for that, really frustrating. I did speak to M & s this morn and they said there had been an issue but the managers had authorisation to accept!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure