Has Biasco gone bust again?

I placed an order with Biasco at the start of November. Over 2 weeks on I called to see when the items would be delivered. Two calls - one 40 minutes, the other 20 minutes and both times got to the front of the queue and was cut off. Not responding to emails.

Website still seems to be taking orders....

Can anyone confirm that they have gone under?

Gary

Comments

• Had the day off and noticed that they're not that far from me, so took a drive to their HQ. They're still trading and apologised as they have issues with their phones at the moment. Doesn't explain why I haven't had a reply to my emails though.

My items should arrive within the next week. I hope.

Panic over for now!
  • I'm having the same problem, but unfortunately do not live near Biasco. I have just read some horrific reviews about them on another website and wished I had never put my order in with them! Not being able to communicate with them is unacceptable and their customer service stinks.
  • Ordered some appliances from them, got a delivery date to be confirmed by the manufacturer with a note saying not to contact them until 10days had elapsed. Waited 10 days no contact from manufacturer so I rang Biasco. Waited 40mins for a service rep to answer, to be told that the delivery date was changed to 4 weeks later and that I should have been told (I wasn't).

As my Kitchen was about to be fitted I cancelled the order and had to wait 3 weeks for the money to be refunded to my card, again after ringing them (waited 32minutes for Cust Rep), sending emails etc. I eventually ordered from my local Apollo 2000 - £20 dearer, delivery the following week.

I woulnd't use them again even if they were significantly cheaper than any other vendor.
  • garreth
    garreth Posts: 11 Forumite
    ordered an oven, waited the ten days only to be told they were out of stock, (we had to contact them) three missed delivery dates later, and still no oven, after waiting in all day every time they then say they have lost it (the oven) we have cancelled, they are saying there is a 15 day refund period, not answering the phone, not replying to emails, do not buy from them, also sainsburies, 20 quid more will be here saturday
  • Like many other reviews, (search for Biasco reviews on price comparision sites) I too have experienced problems with my order for 2 appliances from Biasco. I paid for the goods (£1054) when I ordered them on 25/10/08. Told they would be delivered on/around 6/11/08. On 12/11/08 I contacted them as I had heard nothing. I was told that the goods would not be available until earliest 1/12/08. Since they were unable to supply the goods within a reasonable time scale I cancelled my order only to be told I would be refunded within 28 days. No goods have ever been supplied so it is extremely patronising to be told that a simple procedure such as a card refund which takes no more than 2 mins to process will take 28 days. I cannot find any reference to refunds taking up to 28 days on the Biasco website. I contacted my local AEG stockist who for £18 more than Biasco supplied the 2 appliances within 3 days, took £100 deposit and the balance on delivery. Still waiting for refund dipite several requests which are just ignored.
    Don't get mixed up with this lot!! :eek:
  • Ordered £10,000 (yes you read that correctly - £10,000 of my hard earned British Sterling Pounds with Her Majesty's head on!) worth of goods from Biasco. I ordered 8 weeks before I needed the goods onsite and scheduled with Biasco for all goods to be delivered on a specific date and this was confirmed to me by Biasco. HOWEVER on "the day" only half the goods arrived and the driver (who was without any chips in his butty) had no idea about any other goods.

Biasco had said that some of the goods were coming direct from the manufacturer, HOWEVER after calling the manufacturer myself, the manufacturer confirmed that they had no record of any deliveries scheduled to my address. Of course Biasco the Fiasco do not answer the phones EVER and so my solicitors will be issuing them with a 24 hour notice to deliver the remaining goods otherwise I will have my debt collection and insolvency practitioners issue them immediately with a Statutory Demand for payment and if not resolved within the 28 days of the Statutory Demand, then I will be issuing them with a Winding Up Petition. If they have been trading insolvently (and trust me my insolvency practitioners will dig into every nook and cranny of the business to investigate insolvent trading) my insolvency practitioners will then pursue the directors personally and recover the money. I do not mess about with such imbeciles in business. They have cost me over £5000 in lost time onsite and cancellation/rescheduling costs of subcontractors. If it costs me another £10,000 to pursue these idiots then so be it, at least it will save all those future unsuspecting customers from this Biasco bunch of jokers.

It is time for this lot to be put to sleep.
  • Placed order for approx. £1k of goods on 8 November (they took immediate payment) and asked for refund on 21 November on basis Biasco couldn't even give delivery time estimate (the items were 'in stock' when ordered). Refund of course, if still nowhere to be seen.

Although I have managed to get contact details for individuals at Biasco, they are now not responding to emails, and their main switchboard numbers (including the one posted on their homepage), now just carry a message "This is Biasco, the office is now closed, please call again tomorrow".

Have they gone bust again ?

What is my best course of action to get my money back -- go to credit card company?
  • savemoney
    savemoney Posts: 18,127
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Yes go to credit card company even if they arent bust you ordered over 28 days ago so they are in breach of contract

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/section75-protect-your-purchases
  • Just tried checking the website, and when you add something to cart it doesn't let you get to a check out page. Looks like they have gone again. I'd contact your credit card company asap.
  • I phoned another number from their website this afternoon and was told Biasco were "in administration" and was given a contact number (I think the administrator) to get futher information.
    The gentleman concerned was in a meeting but the recepionist was very wary of making a comment, referring to a date in January.
    The contact is Tony Hyams on 02074 952348
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport