ESA - Work related activity group (WRAG)

Ive been placed in the WRAG and was wondering how long does this last for and can they force you to take any job? Can they stop your ESA at any point?

as anyone been through the ESA WRAG process?

cheers

Comments

• mum-of-3
    mum-of-3 Posts: 665 Forumite
    anti-hero wrote: »
    Ive been placed in the WRAG and was wondering how long does this last for and can they force you to take any job? Can they stop your ESA at any point?

cheers

Its not about forcing you to take a job. I am also in the WRAG, I had my first meeting at the jobcentre and I have the 6 other sessions to attend. I have had them put on hold until March due to treatment. Its about helping you back into the work place and supporting you, they can help you out with courses you may want to attend or business help if you want to go self employed.
    You are in that group until either your condition improves and therefore you dont meet the criteria of ESA and will be put on JSA or until they assess you at your next medical. They will only stop your ESA if your condition changes and you no loner meet the criteria or if you fail to attend the 6 work focused interviews you will be sanctioned!
  • healy
    healy Posts: 5,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    anti-hero wrote: »

cheers

You will remain in the WRAG as long as you qualify for ESA or if your condition becomes worse and is bad enough you could go into the Support Group.

You will not be forced to take any job. The only obligations that you have are to attend the work focused interviews and maybe draw up an action plan, you do not have to follow the action plan.

If you fail a medical for ESA your benefit would be stopped.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure