Anyone heard of Kitchen Arts

Comments

• I have also stupidly bought something with kitchenarts over a week ago and still haven't receive my order. Have been contacted by PayPal last Friday, so obviously there is an investigation is going on. I emailed kitchen arts on 15th feb, they replied saying that my order been shipped the friday before. however, i still have not receive my order after 6 days. Email them last thursday and they replied saying that they have made some sort of error, and they guaranteed that my order will be with me tomorrow or Tuesday, otherwise they will offer a full refund. I have asked them to send me a tracking number for the order, but so far heard nothing back in regards to that. I seriously doubt that I will receive my order, but will give you guys an update tomorrow.

Update: PayPal has refund my money within 10 mins. I still have not receive my products.
  • seazach
    seazach Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 25 February 2013 at 5:39PM
    I ordered a 4 slice toaster on the 10th thinking it was a bargain at £28 considering it was £32 on Amazon.

However it still hasn't arrived and they claim it is lost. I've submitted a claim and expect a full refund from them. It's now cost me a heck of a lot more to buy the same item from the high street... I'm pretty annoyed with these guys to be honest.

UPDATE: Paypal have refunded me within 20 minutes. Awesome.
  • I'm quite proud of this thread, they are clearly crooks and need to be shut down.
  • Hi i ordered a toaster from these guys last week. Luckily i paid through Paypal and got a refund, as of last week it allowed you to pay via paypal but now its only bank transfer which can only set the alarm bells ringing that is for sure.

AVOID AVOID AVOID

Incidentally after I placed my order, i got the following email:

Hi,

Your order was received but then you opened a paypal dispute?

Order cancelled. You are blocked from using our website.

Thank you.

:rotfl::rotfl:
    I thought that was quite rich of a scam artist and was pleased to be "blocked" from their website. I am also filing a complaint to Action Fraud.
  • I've have also been duped by these people. I had a call from PayPal last week asking if my order has arrived. I also had the emails from KA saying my order had shipped to the wrong address but now was going to be re-sent to arrive early this week which it didn't. I too have opened a dispute with PayPal.

Why is their PayPal account still open and their website still up?

DON'T GO NEAR KITCHEN ARTS THEY ARE BOGUS!

If it's too good to be true, then it probably is!
  • BOGUS COMPANY BASED IN THE FAR EAST!! AVOID!!

On Feb 11th I ordered a Nespresso Machine from KitchenArts, I paid via Paypal so wasn't in the least bit suspicious. I began to be suspicious when the first email confirming the order was badly written and contained no details etc. I began emailing and phoning (the phone number that PayPal had on the account, as there was no number on the website) I hadn't heard back by the 15th so I began investigating. The street address they had on their website at the time was an industrial unit in Wimbledon. I contacted the real businesses in that unit and they'd never heard of KitchenArts. I contacted PayPal but they wouldn't raise a dispute until 7 days had passed. I emailed KitchenArts again, voicing my suspicions that they were not a legitimate company and that I was going to cancel my order and raise a dispute. I got an email at midnight on the 15th, from 'Yvonne, Customer Services', saying the machine had been dispatched on 14th and was with the Royal Mail. I emailed back and said I didn't believe her & was cancelling my order and would raise a PayPal dispute and get my money back. I also said I believed she was in the Far East as it was now after midnight in the UK. At 3am, 'Yvonne' raised a full refund via PayPal and as far as I know I'll get my money back. Out of mischief, I emailed to ask what I should do with the Nespresso Machine that she said had been dispatched. Funnily enough she hasn't replied yet and the machine hasn't turned up.

Spoke to PayPal today and reported them. Kitchenarts no longer have a PayPal option on their website, customers can now only pay via bank transfer. Hopefully this will sound alarm bells with all future customers.
  • So grateful for this thread! I was about to buy and since I hadnt heard of them I did a quick google search and up came this thread and I will NOT be buying from them
    Thanks all!
  • keys13
    keys13 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 28 February 2013 at 1:56PM
    Stay away from them!!!!
    Prices are attractive and I am not sure why as they do not appear to have any intention of fulfilling orders. I ordered from them and after three weeks of emails (the only means of contact) they told me to make a claim.
  • I am so annoyed that I fell for this scam. I ordered a Braun Food Processor on 12/02/2013 due to the price it was offered at. On 20/02/2013 sent an email asking delivery date and good old 'Yvonne' replied giving a believable email re Royal Mail delivery dates. Sent further email on 26/02/2013 and this time complete silence.
    Thank goodness I paid by PayPal, I contacted them today via Resolution Centre (28/02/2013) and in just over 1 hour received a full refund.
    Serves me right for thinking I had an 'unbelievable offer'.
  • Another gullible chump here! Ordered an Actifry. Emailed them to ask if it had been shipped... was told it was sent 14 Feb.

Waited until yesterday to chase up non-delivery. Received a reply saying they'd cancelled the order and I needed to claim via Paypal.

Also received an email from Paypal to say they had made the refund.

"If it's too good to be true..." !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport