Potterton Combi 80 - how to increase the pressure?

Hi all,

The pressure on my Potterton Combi 80 has fallen way bleow the 1 bar and is now in the red zone. I saw from other postings that I need to increase the pressure by opening the blue lever more to let more cold water in. But the blue lever is opened at maximum.

What else can I do?

Also my boiler is leaking whether on or off. It seems to be coming from a pipe with not connection at one end. The pipe is below the control panel on the left side of the boiler.

Should I call in an enginreer?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• w50nky
    w50nky Posts: 418 Forumite
    Are you sure you have found the only valve? It could also have a valve further back in the system, or indeed the valve could be defective. We have a combi boiler and there is a valve on both ends of the fill loop (flexi braided pipe) as well as a non return valve.

There are also valves to isolate water supply too!

I am sure someone will respond further if you are not able to locate your problem on your installation.
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you! :dance:
  • w50nky wrote: »
    Are you sure you have found the only valve? It could also have a valve further back in the system, or indeed the valve could be defective. We have a combi boiler and there is a valve on both ends of the fill loop (flexi braided pipe) as well as a non return valve.

There are also valves to isolate water supply too!

I am sure someone will respond further if you are not able to locate your problem on your installation.

Most part of the pipe are hidden behind the worktop but they are exposed at location where there is a tap/lever and I hope all taps/levers are exposed for turning. I tried turning some of them but none increases the pressure.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure