GMTV winner via email

Hi Everyone
I have just received an email from GMTV competitions with the title CONGRATULATIONS (NAME)

When I clicked onto it I was taken to an email with GMTV logo regarding an I Phone and had to spot three diferences which when I did I received Congratulations you have won an IPhone but when I checked the website i was in it was planet49.co.uk

Has anyone else who uses GMTV comps had anything like this? is it genuine? :confused:

Comments

• Unfortunatly I think this is spam cheekyherb. I recieved the exact same thing this morning but from tiscali . The e-mail address was tiscali@confirm2.getmeaticket.co.uk so its actually from getmeaticket.co.uk which leads me to believe its probably spam. Which is really dissapointing esp since the subject was CONGRATULATIONS (NAME)
    Jan: Bag of horse food :D Dance Album :D St Helier T-Shirt :D

• I hate scam companies, going to report them to GMTV now.
  • K9lara
    K9lara Posts: 138 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I had the same email. I deleted it when it said you had to agree to being contacted by phone, email and texts from other companies.
  • what a shame i hate that, i must get about 3 emails a day saying congrats and its all spam
  • jumbaya
    jumbaya Posts: 266 Forumite
    Yup I had the same email and I also deleted it when I noticed it went to planet49, and they wanted contact by phone and email etc.
    Remember ;) There's no such thing as an idle thought :beer:
    Many thanks to :A EVERYONE :A who posts on here...
    ....I :heart2: you guys :kisses3:
  • AlphaOmega_3
    AlphaOmega_3 Posts: 26 Forumite
    edited 17 December 2009 at 3:38PM
    My heart jumped when I saw the sender as GMTV and the congratulations. This was short lived as I then became livid as I recognised it as SPAM with the get me ticket link.

GMTV however are linked with them and this is shameful as on their comp website there are numerous comps linking to these third party sites and under the name GMTV.

:confused:
    Wish List ~ TV * Game Console * Netbook

December Wins: Vodkat T-shirt and Disposable Camera | Annual Travel Pass £625 |

There is no cure for Man Flu. Once infected the afflicted can only hope that the gods roll the dice in favour of life rather than slow, lingering death.
  • Snap! I got one from Tiscalli too. Haven't won all month so got quite excited till I took a closer look. Ho hum.
    TWBM 2010: 1) LCD TV 2)Hamper 3)Cash
    Win your Christmas Presents in 2010 Challenge member no. 4
    Jan... St Helier T-shirt
  • ff999
    ff999 Posts: 49 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I received an email today

Looks like the normal scam again - they're getting everywhere, esp as with others, it had Congratulations and name in subject line:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure