The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Rising to the top of the ocean - and staying afloat!

Comments

• rising_from_the_ashes
    rising_from_the_ashes Posts: 12,433
    Combo Breaker First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    edited 7 December 2012 at 7:17AM
    I share my house with a gorgeous Black Lab called Maisie who I rehomed earlier this year:

Maisie

Yup - we really did have the whole beach to ourselves!
    1-BeanieBeachSept12-1.jpg

Beach210912_zpsf5bdabf1.jpg
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • Then there are the cats .....

Big cat

Archiewardrobe1-1.jpg

Wee cat

1-P1000187.jpg

Please don't believe the - I'm so cute and butter wouldn't melt pose ..... Tortitude with a capital T that one!
  • So...... really pleased to see some new faces on my shiny new diary ;) hope you'll stick with me & look forward to getting to know you ..... there's still room for more so any lurkers .... show your faces!:D
  • What's on today?

I'm in limbo a bit atm ... supposed to be going to the hospital for my next infusion treatment this morning (should be leaving @ 8) but they didn't ring yesterday (they should ring the day before each treatment to check you're OK to have it).

Ended up ringing but the person I needed to speak to was away home .... she's supposed to be ringing me at 8 - TBH I'd really rather put it off to next week if I can.

I'm finally seeing my Consultant on Monday (after waiting 3 weeks when I was supposed to get an emergency appt the next week:() so would really rather see what he says before having another infusion - it could be them that's causing my recent issues.

I know what she'll say - just come in and we'll talk about it then - but they really don't get how bloomin' far it is to go .... especially when you're not feeling that well and there's the cost of the fuel too!:( *sigh*

Sorry :o - I am a pretty organised person and hate being in limbo - not being able to plan my day out!:o

So .... it'll either be a day of travelling and sitting around in hospital or errrr sitting around in the house :rotfl:(but at least I can potter around doing some MSE things here!).:D
  • Another serial lurker here (hence the name), have 'seen' you posting elsewhere - love the family photos.

I also hate being in limbo and budgeting is my downfall .... From what I can see you have it all under control so I shall sit back and learn from a professional !

You say about bulk buying for the animals, does that include cat litter? We have 2 rescue cats that are not keen on outdoor toilets ( cant blame them in this weather) so we are going through litter at a rate of knots. Any tips on how to reduce that would be great - am not keen on the tough love, go outside option as they are still settling in. We are their third home so it may be that they had been indoor cats and the Big Out is still too new for poop!

Hope your day goes well
    I do not make mistakes, I learn lessons.
    I work to live, not live to work.
    I love to live & live to love.
    Good enough is exactly that.
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Lovely pics :D and I hope your day goes okay :)
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • Piquant_2
    Piquant_2 Posts: 5,769
    PPI Party Pooper Mortgage-free Glee! Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Hello:wave:

I'm popping in to wish you a happy diary. The cats and dog were too much temptation for me, lovely, lovely pictures :)

Piq
    Total debt at October 2008: £67,213.30
    Total debt today: £0
    - debt and mortgage free 29th November 2013 :T
    Sealed Pot Challenge member 14
    Save £12K in 2014 - £6,521.90/£6K member 138

• *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    Forumite
    Hello Rising, :hello:

I too was put off joining in on your previous diary by the length; the sheer history encapsulated in so many pages. :o

But as another fan of abandoned beaches and wild seas, I cannot resist de-lurking now. :)

Is there any tea in the pot or shall I put the kettle on? Will decline cake and biscuits as there's no chance of any exercise today to work off the calories. ;)
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Ooh, *Robin* I'll join you for a cuppa!
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Did someone say tea?

:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing