help paying for driving lessons ?

2»

Comments

• jdeerfc1 wrote: »
    Hi jac/norm could you give me more information on this please many thanks

Oh someone else has posted the link :j
  • Hapless_2
    Hapless_2 Posts: 2,619 Forumite
    I believe on eof the conditions to motability driving lessons are you will/are going to enter a motability contract hire/hire purchase scheme.
    The "Bloodlust" Clique - Morally equal to all. Member 10
    grocery challenge...Budget £420

Wk 1 £27.10
    Wk 2 £78.06
    Wk 3 £163.06
    Wk 4
  • If you are aged between 16 and 24 and in receipt of the Higher Rate Mobility Component, we may be able to assist with the cost of driving lessons. To find our more, telephone Customer Services on 0845 456 4566.

also people who recive income support can get help with money off lesson just call same number

check out the web site to

http://www.motability.co.uk/main.cfm?type=CDRL

also i been told they pay some one else who looks after you to learn to drive for free as long as they are in recite of cares allowenc
    dont no how true this bit is but the above bit is
  • krisskross
    krisskross Posts: 7,677 Forumite
    I honestly thought that this was the sort of thing DLA was given for. Obviously not.
  • Oldernotwiser
    Oldernotwiser Posts: 37,425 Forumite
    kronas wrote: »
    i cant even turn a steering wheel properly when i asked a mate to let me try just a few years ago!

so i should just sit there and not progress in life, or try and give things a go ????

Would you be able to drive a car safely if it were adapted?
  • kronas
    kronas Posts: 408 Forumite
    Would you be able to drive a car safely if it were adapted?

i did ask about that, but it was just a steering wheel adjustment, to be honest i stopped taking lessons after a few months, i just cant do it because of the issues i have with manual dexterity and concentration etc.
  • Oldernotwiser
    Oldernotwiser Posts: 37,425 Forumite
    kronas wrote: »
    i did ask about that, but it was just a steering wheel adjustment, to be honest i stopped taking lessons after a few months, i just cant do it because of the issues i have with manual dexterity and concentration etc.

Sorry, I thought your enquiry was for you. I must have misunderstood.
  • bestpud
    bestpud Posts: 11,048 Forumite
    krisskross wrote: »
    I honestly thought that this was the sort of thing DLA was given for. Obviously not.

Me too! But that kind of question is never well received, just to warn you!

What I am wondering is why you can only get help if between the ages of 16 and 24? (From LiverpoolChick's link) :confused:
  • anguk
    anguk Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    bestpud wrote: »
    Me too! But that kind of question is never well received, just to warn you!

What I am wondering is why you can only get help if between the ages of 16 and 24? (From LiverpoolChick's link) :confused:
    I was wondering why the age limit too, lots of disabled over 24's would benefit from learning to drive.
    I can't drive but it's getting to the point where I really should learn for the times when my OH is unable to drive as then we have to rely on the kindness of family to give him a lift or pay for taxis. But driving lessons are very expensive and to be honest we just can't afford them, we can't use his DLA to pay for them because that's already being used to pay for his motability car. I wouldn't be able to get help for lessons from motability because it's been a long time since I was 24! :rotfl:
    Dum Spiro Spero
  • bestpud
    bestpud Posts: 11,048 Forumite
    anguk wrote: »
    I was wondering why the age limit too, lots of disabled over 24's would benefit from learning to drive.
    I can't drive but it's getting to the point where I really should learn for the times when my OH is unable to drive as then we have to rely on the kindness of family to give him a lift or pay for taxis. But driving lessons are very expensive and to be honest we just can't afford them, we can't use his DLA to pay for them because that's already being used to pay for his motability car. I wouldn't be able to get help for lessons from motability because it's been a long time since I was 24! :rotfl:

That's what I was thinking.

Some people may not have become disabled until they were over 24 and a car may become needed where before it wasn't.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure