Lulabelle's MFW Diary

Comments

• nattypants
    nattypants Posts: 2,577 Forumite
    Oh no don't worry about the Mugg gloves, as even at a bargainitious £59, GG would only catch up with me and have me hung, drawn and quartered:D

I'll buy regular cosy gloves instead....I can only find one of my 'year before last' gloves otherwise I would have made done with the ones I had.

I have some money left from a secret birthday I secretly had last weekend so will buy sensibly;)

How are the carpets?
    February13 - £74990 (or thereabouts)
    MND - Let's go for 2020 'cos it's got a nice ring to it:D
    C'mon nattypants:cool:
  • lulabelle1
    lulabelle1 Posts: 2,693 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Congrats on the secret birthday, I hope that you had the most fantastic secretive time?!

I'm still loving the carpets, really transforms the house... I just feel rediculously content, cosy, appreciative and very lucky at the moment.
  • lulabelle1
    Btw - you do realise that the missing glove will turn up minutes after the purchase of new gloves....
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    nattypants wrote: »
    Oh no don't worry about the Mugg gloves, as even at a bargainitious £59, GG would only catch up with me and have me hung, drawn and quartered:D

I'll buy regular cosy gloves instead....I can only find one of my 'year before last' gloves otherwise I would have made done with the ones I had.

I have some money left from a secret birthday I secretly had last weekend so will buy sensibly;)
    Kept that quiet missus :bdaycake:, hope it;s still fresh :). Birthday money can be spent on anything frivolous, you go ahead hon :D. But best tie a string on them so you don't lose one ;).
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • nattypants
    Carpets have that effect, as do tumble driers:p

Thank you both for my secret birthday wishes, I like turning 40 - again.

X
  • We had a whole year of renovating with no kitchen from April till November but the day we finally got carpets.... I went to work and boasted.. if you came to my house you can walk round without shoes!!! Oh it was lovely, no more danger of gripper to your heels or even rubble between your toes! Took months for that feeling to wear off, "we have carpet at our house"

Np - i feel as though Im stalking you through the diaries!!
    Morgage till Nov 30 GOAL MFW Sept 2016
    Aug 11 - £100k Aug 2016.... It's GONE!!!!!
    2014 GOAL HIT 5 Stone! 2016 GOAL to be a MF marathon runner.
    "A goal without a plan is just a wish"
  • nattypants
    I went the opposite way and lifted the carpets up (hall and my bedroom which will revert to a dining room in the future) and arranged for floorboards to be sanded.

Thinking, in the future that I might also have living room floorboards done so only carpets in the bedrooms....but only maybe as carpet definitely way cosier.

I quite like that we are able to continue our conversations on each others diaries in a nice wee seamless transition....other people reading must be thinking !!!!!! though;)
  • Yes, tis true NP! Feel like your my MFW BFF!!

I do have none carpet rooms, bathrooms, hall, kitchen, utility. Old house we had lovely stained wood floor in dining room but unfortunately hasnt been an option here.

Do prefer carpet in lounges though as like say feels cosier.
    Morgage till Nov 30 GOAL MFW Sept 2016
    Aug 11 - £100k Aug 2016.... It's GONE!!!!!
    2014 GOAL HIT 5 Stone! 2016 GOAL to be a MF marathon runner.
    "A goal without a plan is just a wish"
  • lulabelle1
    Our entire downstairs is wood flororing but we have a massive rug in the lounge to add cosines! I do sometimes think it would be lovely to have carpet in the lounge but every time something is spilt (fairly often), I breathe a sigh of relief.
  • lulabelle1
    We had a whole year of renovating with no kitchen from April till November but the day we finally got carpets.... I went to work and boasted.. if you came to my house you can walk round without shoes!!! Oh it was lovely, no more danger of gripper to your heels or even rubble between your toes! Took months for that feeling to wear off, "we have carpet at our house"

Np - i feel as though Im stalking you through the diaries!!

It's amazing how much we really appreciate things when we go without for a while.....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure