Monument Credit Card PPI Claim

2»

Comments

• Hello, has any one been able to claim money back from this company? I had a Monument credit card around 2002. I no longer do and would like to claim my PPI back. However, I do not have any details as I lost it all in the floods. Please help..How can I find out to claim back without an account number. I have also been told Monument has closed and I cannot get money back. Cheers.
  • TheGenerus1
    TheGenerus1 Posts: 254 Forumite
    edited 16 November 2012 at 2:46AM
    Sel76.2006 wrote: »
    Hello, has any one been able to claim money back from this company? I had a Monument credit card around 2002. I no longer do and would like to claim my PPI back. However, I do not have any details as I lost it all in the floods. Please help..How can I find out to claim back without an account number. I have also been told Monument has closed and I cannot get money back. Cheers.

I have read on other forums about people who have successfully claimed from Monument.

If I were you, I would call them up and give them your details like name and postcode so that they can pull up your details.
    They should then be able to give you your account number which you will need if you want to fill out the template claim back form.

Explain your situation with the flooding and that you require the account number so that you can tally up the account with your credit file. I say this because they may be hesitant to give out that info to you if they know you are using the account number to make a claim from them.

As the account was opened a decade ago, they may have to manually look for paperwork relating to your account. If your account was active still in 2006\2007, then you may be still on their computer systems.

Either way, they may not give you the account number over the phone and instead will send it to the accounts address listed on their systems. (assuming you live at the same address the card was registered to).

Monument Customer Services Contact Number - 0870-333-5487
    Address can be found in my or Rodsbaby posts above as well as were to find the template Monument claim back form you need to send to that address if your to make a claim.

Hope this helps :)
  • Hi, i don't know if you know but LLoydstdb took over monument so they should be able to find your details.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure