Delivery rights: Tesco

articlealert2_banner.gif

Hi all, this discussion thread's part of the Delivery Rights guide, specifically for if you've complained to Tesco about delivery problems using the techniques in the guide.

Please tell us how you got on - we want to know if you were awarded any compensation from Tesco, and if so, how much? Just let us know the amount and reason below; to add more general feedback on the guide, pop over to the main Delivery Rights discussion thread.

Thanks
for your help,

MSE Rose

Comments

• Well well well. I'm having a real problem with Tesco "Indirect". Basically, ordered wine for my son's 21st - didn't arrive on time. Phoned Tesco, they said they'd tried to deliver but couldn't find the address! (They could have phoned ebay, amazon, debenhams, cath Kidston - they've all managed to find me) Tried to ring to cancel order - left hanging on phone for 20 mins and gave up. Order arrived 3 days too late, driver showed me the address he'd been given, it was incomplete, even tho i'd given full adress, directions and mobile number. Sent him away with the wine, complained on twitter, was promised a refund, only got one third of money back,(do they think every little helps?) now they don't answer phone or emails. Wouldn't use Tesco Direct again if they were the last store on earth. Where is my full refund I wonder? Utterly dissatisfied.
  • can eny 1 advise me a placed order from tesco 7th 0ctober to be delivered at 9pm 10pm a was called from driver that the van had broken down and he was 2hundred yards away could i come get order i was away so girlfriend and 2 sons at house 1 and 6 so no way she was leaving them a told him this a asked well could u get it still when replacment van comes for you he said no he finished at 10pm so fine was that then had a call from tesco to say driver broken down a said yes i know drivers called they said they would deliver 1st thing in morning a said no just cancel this a was not wanting goods just and same goods given to me in morning so they still take cash out my account now this is 2 months still no refund all a get is we are trying to contact u can u send bank statments why should i need to send statment surely they have all this on record??
  • BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 6,969
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    jamesp1 wrote: »
    can eny 1 advise me a placed order from tesco 7th 0ctober to be delivered at 9pm 10pm a was called from driver that the van had broken down and he was 2hundred yards away could i come get order i was away so girlfriend and 2 sons at house 1 and 6 so no way she was leaving them a told him this a asked well could u get it still when replacment van comes for you he said no he finished at 10pm so fine was that then had a call from tesco to say driver broken down a said yes i know drivers called they said they would deliver 1st thing in morning a said no just cancel this a was not wanting goods just and same goods given to me in morning so they still take cash out my account now this is 2 months still no refund all a get is we are trying to contact u can u send bank statments why should i need to send statment surely they have all this on record??

Well said..............lose the text speak and people might make an effort to read it.
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Jamesp1, have you noticed your fullstop and shift keys are not working?

Would be easier to read if you could get round that somehow. ;)
  • arcon5
    arcon5 Posts: 14,099
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    dilly1234 wrote: »
    Well well well. I'm having a real problem with Tesco "Indirect". Basically, ordered wine for my son's 21st - didn't arrive on time. Phoned Tesco, they said they'd tried to deliver but couldn't find the address! (They could have phoned ebay, amazon, debenhams, cath Kidston - they've all managed to find me) .

Why would Tesco phone other companies to get details of your address and how would they know who you have previously purchased from :huh:
    dilly1234 wrote: »
    Tried to ring to cancel order - left hanging on phone for 20 mins and gave up. Order arrived 3 days too late, driver showed me the address he'd been given, it was incomplete, even tho i'd given full adress, directions and mobile number. Sent him away with the wine, complained on twitter, was promised a refund, only got one third of money back,(do they think every little helps?) now they don't answer phone or emails. Wouldn't use Tesco Direct again if they were the last store on earth. Where is my full refund I wonder? Utterly dissatisfied.

So you didn't actually cancel the order? Just rejected delivery. They are entitled to make a deduction to cover their direct costs of returning the goods to them. What amount have they not refunded?

Straight forward case of an order delayed in transit due to an issue with the address, not a biggie/
  • arcon5
    arcon5 Posts: 14,099
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    can anybody advise me, I placed an order with Tesco 7th 0ctober to be delivered at 9pm-10pm, I was called from the driver, the van had broken down and he was 2hundred yards away could i come get order.

Iwas away so girlfriend and 2 sons at house 1 and 6 so no way she was leaving them a told him this a asked well could u get it still when replacment van comes for you he said no he finished at 10pm, so fine was that then had a call from tesco to say driver broken down a said yes i know drivers called they said they would deliver 1st thing in morning a said no just cancel this a was not wanting goods just and same goods given to me in morning so they still take cash out my account now this is 2 months still no refund all a get is we are trying to contact u can u send bank statments why should i need to send statment surely they have all this on record??

The payment would have been taken the same day the goods were to be delivered, not after the vehicle broke down.

Send them a bank statement as they obviously cannot find the payment. Surely that would be one step closer to resolving it?

Or look into the chargeback system most debit cards have to recover money.
  • Im so fed up with tesco home deliveries cancelling my orders, this is 3rd time since mid december. But my bank account isnt re-credited for 4 working days!! so I have basically paid for shopping I dont have. No more I say! Its time now for this to be brought to the attention of people who supposedly run Tesco.Im sick of being fobbed off.
  • Thanks!

Used template letter to complain after failed delivery and got a £20 gift card.

also got £5 delivery charge refunded and £15 refund for small amout of damage to one item.
  • noonkey
    noonkey Posts: 2 Newbie
    can eny 1 advise me a placed order from tesco 7th 0ctober to be delivered at 9pm 10pm a was called from driver that the van had broken down and he was 2hundred yards away could i come get order i was away so girlfriend and 2 sons at house 1 and 6 so no way she was leaving them a told him this a asked well could u get it still when replacment van comes for you he said no he finished at 10pm so fine was that then had a call from tesco to say driver broken down a said yes i know drivers called they said they would deliver 1st thing in morning a said no just cancel this a was not wanting goods just and same goods given to me in morning so they still take cash out my account now this is 2 months still no refund all a get is we are trying to contact u can u send bank statments why should i need to send statment surely they have all this on record??

It's the same with most places... DPA most places can only keep details on the account up to 6 weeks. Even the order dates will be taken off. :)
  • noonkey
    noonkey Posts: 2 Newbie
    maggimae wrote: »
    Im so fed up with tesco home deliveries cancelling my orders, this is 3rd time since mid december. But my bank account isnt re-credited for 4 working days!! so I have basically paid for shopping I dont have. No more I say! Its time now for this to be brought to the attention of people who supposedly run Tesco.Im sick of being fobbed off.

I know it's a pain :( I've had two cancelled. But with mine they had system issues and a break down (not sure what yours was) . When I called up, they did point out the t&c we sign up to when clicking confirm order that anything out of theire control they can't garuntee the order.
    The payment I also found out is the actuall banks the refund is done straight away and it then takes 3-5 working days to go in to the bank (spoke to my bank and they confirmed )

Hope you don't have any other problems x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport