How do you get stains off a ceramic hob?

Comments

• Don't buy Ceramic hobs then, try Induction, no heat and no burns.
  • ha ha ha no I should NOT have bought a ceramic hob in the first place!
  • jay1976
    jay1976 Posts: 35 Forumite
    edited 17 April 2010 at 2:07AM
    hi try this little trick ive found works,
    get some bicarbonate of soda, using a damp cloth apply in a circular motion you may have to apply pressure. This cleans mine like new
    avaliable from most supermarkets
  • sugarmuffin
    sugarmuffin Posts: 102 Forumite
    Thanks so much - I'll try this asap! Bye the way, I think I may have given you all duff info. My hob is actually a 'solid hot plate' and not ceramic - will this make a difference in cleaning materials? Sorry.
  • andygb
    andygb Posts: 14,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Make sure the base of your pans are super clean as it was from my pans that I got marks on my hob :(

Good advice, I use Hob Brite or similar abrasive cleaners on all the pan bottoms (oil seems to get burnt on to them), and try to clean the hob with a multi surface cleaner, such as Mr Muscle or Dettol.
    On our old ceramic hob, we used to use abrasive cleaners, but on the new black AEG one, we have not had to use any Brillo pads or abrasive cleaners.
  • dom300186
    dom300186 Posts: 342 Forumite
    bi carb of soda mixed with lemon juice leave for 5-10 min then return to it and it should come off.
    Trying to make big cut backs!!!

:TExpecting DS2 EDD 28/March/2012:T

:bdaycake:
  • elliot341
    elliot341 Posts: 56 Forumite
    Hi, we had stains on our new ceramic (glass) hob and i was v annoyed at first! I managed to get them off using a cream called "Grime Blast" by Astonish. I got it in from a low budget supermarket, though i think that it was good old elbow grease combined with a decent enough cleaner managed to get stuff cleaned off. Hope u manage to clear it off ok.
  • d-seven
    d-seven Posts: 351 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    When hob brite hasn't removed it, I have used plain water on the stain. Just get a cloth and drip a few drops on the stain and leave for about 10 minutes or so. Mop up the water then use hob brite on it as normal. It took me a few attempts but it did remove it eventually!
  • Bar Keepers friend would do it, I use it on everything in the kitchen. You can buy it for less than a cuple of pounds.
    http://www.barkeepersfriend.com/use.html
    To be in your child's memories tomorrow, be in their life today.
  • jackieb
    jackieb Posts: 27,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Astonish paste is great. If that doesn't get the mess off first go (it will if you keep on top of it, cleaning it regularly with the Astonish) then get a glass scraper.

The paste is only 99p from semi-chem. My and my mum have used nothing else for years.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure