Cleaning a conservatory roof

Comments

• £20 is cheap, the lowest price an average conservatory should be £35

Trafficc film remover i use with DI water via a WFP system
  • If you are confident that the Conservatory roof is strong enough, you could put a ladder across the Conservatory roof beams to spread your weight. Using a second ladder to get up to the roof, you can then crawl along this roof ladder cleaning the polycarbonate roof with a brush on a hose.

I had the confidence to do this after I had my house roof replaced. The Roofer covered my Conservatory roof with several 8ft x 4ft sheets of 8mm Plywood-3 sheets thick, and then walked on the roof to get at the house roof above the Conservatory.
  • daveliz
    daveliz Posts: 7 Forumite
    I think I may have found a free solution.
    yes in the name of moneysaving I have an all natural free solution.

The inspiration came to me when I was wondering how I was going to clean my roof. Nature showed me the answer.
    I saw a streak of clean roof and below was the secret.
    There was a small blob of moss. So I got to thinking, what would a massive wad of this do? I was amazed and so would you be.
    I found a flat roof with loads of moss and took about 3 handfuls managed to clean my roof balancing on a stool and using a broom to sweep it all over the roof, the algae comes off so easily and all that's needed after is a good hose down and good as new.
  • bigdoozer
    bigdoozer Posts: 135 Forumite
    soda, water, sprayer//// leave//// done .
  • missile wrote: »
    David,

I enjoyed your post. Unfortunately not all window cleaners are as clever, helpful or inexpensive as you.

my sister was charged £100 cash for her conservatory roof to be cleaned :eek:
    2010 - Goals

1. on the long road to hopefully adopting a child - Home Visit 3 Feb 2010

2. Planning to clear my credit card debt.

3. lose weight.

• withabix
    withabix Posts: 9,508 Forumite
    Flash bleach and a pressure washer.

I did erect my conservatory myself however - so I know how well it is sealed!!
    British Ex-pat in British Columbia!
  • We're window cleaners, £20 is a good price, it up to you whether you want to do it yourself or pay someone without any hassle.
  • Yes works well this kit from hgpromotions, good strong unit, helpful advice and quick delivery.My conservatory was a tall awkward shape and because the pole is 5 metres long I could see perfectly what I was cleaning & with the nylon barbs in cotton glove it was extremely good at removing bird mess and algae. Top class product would recomend without hesitation and not that expensive at £59.99 after all 2 goes or less and it's paid for itself.
  • niamhtra66
    niamhtra66 Posts: 559 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Barrow boy, your bigging up this company a bit and you know an awful lot about them,,, links to it by any chance????
  • becs
    becs Posts: 2,101 Forumite
    We've just had ours done by the local window cleaner. Our's is 6m x 3m with a glass roof and he charged us £25 to do all the house windows as well as the conservatory. He also uses deionised water so doesn't go streaky and looks great. When we have cleaned the roof ourselves we've used Autoglym car bodywork shampoo on it and it works a treat!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure