Direct Validation Services Claim - Help Please

Hi

I have made a claim on my home insurance as I spilled a cup of coffee over my Sony Vaio laptop. They have offered me a replacement of Fujitsu Lifebook Ah530. It has a similar spec however I am not happy with this as I think I should be offered the same brand as I had as Sony is a much superior reputation than a Fujitsu. Do I have any comeback on this?

Comments

• I am sorry about your laptop... I think you can tell them firmly that it is a reason why you had "Sony" to start off with as you always preferred Sony over any other brand. Even though it has same configuration as your Sony, you cannot accept other brand. You can may be look into Sony's website and find a laptop with similar configuration to yours and same price as yours and talk to DVS. Just dont accept whatever they suggest.

On a seperate note, can you tell me how long it took for DVS from collecting your laptop to the day when say called you with further info? I had my Dell laptop taken away last wednesday for broken screen and I have not heard anything back yet. May be it is too early...:rotfl:
  • Hi

I reported my claim a week ago today. Laptop was picked up on the tuesday and they called on the saturday to offer replacement so the service has been really quick.

I spoke with Direct Validation services today to say that I was not happy to accept a replacement unless it is a sony laptop. They said they will contact my insurers (Royal Sun Alliance) to see if they will authorise this so I just need to wait and see!
  • albo2002
    albo2002 Posts: 252 Forumite
    I had my PC taken away for repair by DVS 11 working days ago.

They said it would take a maximum of 10 working days.

Today I received a text from them saying they will advise me within 7 days whether it will be repaired.

I emailed them about this and received no reply.

I called them and they asked me to be on hold while they spoke to the people doing the repair. As I waited the woman at DVS came back to me and said 'sorry, they've just hung up on me! I'll call you back.'

I received no call back - just an email from them a few minutes later saying 'your phone will be with you tomorrow'!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure