Can anyone tell me how to open Ford Focus bonnet? *emergency*

Hi

I need help and have no other avenue to ask anyone who may be able to help. I have recently bought a Ford Focus and have no users manual. I need to open the bonnet to fill up water and cannot find any way to open the bonnet! No bonnet release catch in the cabin at all...how do I open the bonnet? I hope someone can help....
~What you send out comes back to thee thricefold!~
~

Comments

• On the front grill there is a Ford badge. This should rotate when twisted.

Put the key in, turn to the left, then turn to the right and hold it there. Then life the bonnet with your other hand.

:)
  • What exactly are you topping up by the way? The windscreen washer? :think:

If so don't just use plain water as it tends to go stagnant and smells whenever you use the washer!

If it's coolant you are putting in, make sure you put antifreeze in or you could end up with problems if it gets any colder. :)
  • Ember999
    Ember999 Posts: 1,022
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    On the front grill there is a Ford badge. This should rotate when twisted.

Put the key in, turn to the left, then turn to the right and hold it there. Then life the bonnet with your other hand.

:)

Thank You so very much! I was getting in a right state thinking I couldn't top up my windscreen wash...It worked! I would have never guessed to twist the ford badge on the front. We searched in the car for about 30 minutes and both hubby and I were getting stressed! as the windscreen wash was empty! and need to drive tomorrow.

Thank You!
    Merry Christmas xx
    ~
  • Ember999
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    What exactly are you topping up by the way? The windscreen washer? :think:

If so don't just use plain water as it tends to go stagnant and smells whenever you use the washer!

If it's coolant you are putting in, make sure you put antifreeze in or you could end up with problems if it gets any colder. :)

Yeah, was needing to top up the screen wash - I did use a screen wash diluted, thanks!

The coolant should be okay, level looks fine from when they serviced it before I bought it.

But thanks for checking I was doing it right anyway.

MSE is great and so are you!

Thanks xx
    ~
  • ukjoel
    ukjoel Posts: 1,468
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    The key at the front was put in as a security feature as it meant that without the key nowone could break a window, open your boot and hotwire the car. Technology has now moved on and its been phased out as having a solid metal casing at the front of your car at precisely the same height as a childs head for some strange reason brought their NCAP rating right down.

J
  • ukjoel wrote: »
    The key at the front was put in as a security feature as it meant that without the key nowone could break a window, open your boot and hotwire the car. Technology has now moved on and its been phased out as having a solid metal casing at the front of your car at precisely the same height as a childs head for some strange reason brought their NCAP rating right down.

J

You would think by now that parents would know not to let their little kids out where the cars are... nothing changes.
  • Ember999
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    ukjoel wrote: »

J

I checked the NCAP rating before buying having been in a head-on collision with a drunk driver who was driving the WRONG way down a dual carriageway back in August....their NCAP rating is excellent for safety and the issue you point out to me does not matter to me, as safety for passengers in the car matter more than issue's with children who would be outside the car and are the responsibility of their own parents to control and keep away from cars...the security feature sounds good, it shouldn't affect the NCAP rating as kids are nothing to do with safety of a vehicle, apart from the safety of kids who may be inside the vehicle..
    ~
  • geordie_joe
    geordie_joe Posts: 9,112
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Ember999 wrote: »
    the issue you point out to me does not matter to me, as safety for passengers in the car matter more than issue's with children who would be outside the car and are the responsibility of their own parents to control and keep away from cars...

Are you serious? If you hit, and killed a child even if it was the childs fault, but it was this feature that killed the child, would you really think "it is the parents responsibility not mine"

Sounds to me like you wouldn't bat an eyelid if you killed a child as long as you could convince yourself it was the childs parents to blame because they didn't keep them away from your car.
  • Lorian
    Lorian Posts: 5,698
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    There are NCAP ratings for car safety for occupants and also pedestrians, and safer cars in both catagories should be commended.
  • Ember999
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Are you serious? If you hit, and killed a child even if it was the childs fault, but it was this feature that killed the child, would you really think "it is the parents responsibility not mine"

Sounds to me like you wouldn't bat an eyelid if you killed a child as long as you could convince yourself it was the childs parents to blame because they didn't keep them away from your car.

Not at all, I would be devastated if any child was injured by any car driver but it is the responsibility of parents to ensure their children don't run out into the road. Car security or safety shouldn't be compromised for the 'risk' of kids running out into traffic, although I am aware that they do sometimes do that. My safety when i was in a crash was more important than a feature outside the car as it would be for you if you were in a crash.
    ~
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family