DOJO boutique ??? anyone

Comments

• I have just learned that I too have been scammed - to the tune of £464. I should have been suspicious when the only option to pay was by e vouchers. I feel stupid and embarrassed, not to mention pretty sick. There will be no chance of getting any money back as e vouchers are like cash. I too have been asked for proof of identity, that's when I knew for sure I'd been had.

I've emailed Watchdog, I realise there is nothing they can do for those of us who have been caught but hopefully they can put out a warning to others.

a valuable lesson, check out the site before you part with any money or credit details
  • I too have been taken, should have had delivery of my fridge today via DHL. Recieved Email last night asking for following info. The phone number they have given takes me to some farming company in Northern Ireland. I have sent them an email asking for my money back. I paid by UKeVocuher which is like cash, I am not expecting much to be honest. I to will inform Watchdog.
    1) - TWO different non-expired, unaltered and clear copies from your Passport, Country ID Card, Driver's License...
    2) - Any TWO copies of a recent proof of residence (bank statement, water bill, electricity bill, gas bill...) matching the address as registered in your profile
    3) - A picture with you and your Passport or Country ID Card opened in your hands. Make sure that the photo will be high-resolution and clear, the picture must be taken close enough to show your face and data from the passport clearly.

Do not send any money to this company.
  • katie64
    katie64 Posts: 8 Forumite
    is there any way ML can put a warning on the front page of the website/ Has anyone tried cancelling the order- do they refund ( it says cancellatiosn incur 15% charge)?
  • Count me in as another caught by this site. Needed a built-in microwave for a design project I'm working on. Paid by UK eVoucher, and stupidly email all details they requested last night as it was vital unit was delivered today. Nothing has arrived and from ready previous comments don't expect it to. Now worried about details they have on me?
  • ive been scammed too for the sum of £600 from dojo boutique
  • Count me in as another caught by this site. Needed a built-in microwave for a design project I'm working on. Paid by UK eVoucher, and stupidly email all details they requested last night as it was vital unit was delivered today. Nothing has arrived and from ready previous comments don't expect it to. Now worried about details they have on me?
    Are you got the product?
  • someone does not call for a supplier (UPS, Fedex, DHL) to be related to whether the dojo boutique?
  • katie64 wrote: »
    I cannot believe I have fallen for this too. I paid by MasterCard- anyone know if I can claim back ?

Wait 30 days and contact card issuer and proceed with dispute process.
    I too got scammed for £180.00 for mobile phone. Luckily I did'nt send any proof of ID etc.
    They said monies will be held 60 days then would issue a refund by cheque, as I cancelled as soon as they asked for bank details etc

Wait and see eh? :(
  • I do have foolishly paid £68 for a fridge. Thankfully by Paypoint & have just today refused to give the identification details they asked for.
    My concern is I found them via a price comparison site from a google search. Surely there are several points here, apart from buyer beware !

Firstly with all these reports surely SOME authority has taken action.
    Secondly surely for continuing to list them the price comparison sites are legally culpable in some respect for assisting a fraud.

I will naturally inform the authorities although I doubt this will achieve anything.
    Can I suggest EVERYONE posts on facebook, twitter what ever to stop others getting caught.
  • TechyLady
    TechyLady Posts: 6 Forumite
    edited 15 April 2012 at 7:52AM
    Just to get a refund they are also asking for personal info, I am really p****d off as I paid a lot of money and was really looking forward to it. Delivery date is expected for tomorrow but there is no TV to deliver, the bank are aware and the disputes team are going to get on it. I have to wait till tomorrow to see if they deliver (which they wont) then can tell the bank. Nightmare!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure