Argos Returns - Bid On A Pallet Load

Comments

• before_hollywood
    before_hollywood Posts: 20,686 Forumite
    Chatterbox wrote:
    Gulp....I was a private buyer! Will I get in to trouble?

it's probably so they don't have any old member of joe public stumbling accross the site and returning the stuff to a local store if they don't like it. :confused:
    things arent the way they were before, you wouldnt even recognise me anymore- not that you knew me back then ;)
    BH is my best mate too, its ok :)

I trust BH even if he's from Manchester.. ;)

all your base are belong to us :eek:
  • Xeorix
    Xeorix Posts: 385 Forumite
    God Damit, I Paid £1.50 for this information. How stupid of me! BTW what do these pallets go for on average???
    Cashback
    Total Quidco since 2007: £166.64
    Total TCB since 2012: £398

Competition Wins
    5* Break in Scotland
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    GregHesp,

Links are not allowed in signatures.
    Gone ... or have I?
  • ptyks
    ptyks Posts: 317 Forumite
    GregHesp wrote: »
    God Damit, I Paid £1.50 for this information. How stupid of me! BTW what do these pallets go for on average???

Hope my words might make you feel better. I also paid for this and found out that this site is not for me as a normal consumer.
  • PeteHerts
    PeteHerts Posts: 957
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Does anyone know if the stuff comes with warranties or not please?
    Always looking for a bargain and to help
  • blue_monkey_2
    blue_monkey_2 Posts: 11,435 Forumite
    I use to have a market stall and there were 2 people with stalls on there selling ex-argos stuff. A lot of it used to go in the skip. When I first started I used to buy bits an bobs but most of it would be broken when I got home if it was boxed. Not everything is of course but as a business you have to have a returns policy - because a lot of people would just bin it from a market it would not matter but selling it on eBay people would expect their money back if it was damaged or faulty. This stuff can also be bought on Gemswholesale!
  • waster_2
    waster_2 Posts: 498 Forumite

Register with Argos and bid on customer returns at their distribution HQ at Daventry, Northants.

Argos staff will load pallet(s) on your vehicle - best to have a van I think.

Handy if you live local

On their site is says:

Once the payment transaction has been approved Argos Clearance will send an email confirming the arrival of the payment in the Argos account and include a unique delivery note number and who to contact to arrange a collection slot. Collection will be from an Argos Distribution centre. The collection warehouse will generally be Burton on Trent DE13 8BX.
  • dc
    dc Posts: 2,547 Forumite
    At last the reason why most RO bargains always seem to be available at the Burton shop.
    ac's lovechild
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,219
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Forumite
    PeteHerts wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the stuff comes with warranties or not please?

No warranties its all sold as seen
  • Roger_Rampant
    Roger_Rampant Posts: 3,282
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Once the payment transaction has been approved Argos Clearance will send an email confirming the arrival of the payment in the Argos account and include a unique delivery note number and who to contact to arrange a collection slot. Collection will be from an Argos Distribution centre. The collection warehouse will generally be Burton on Trent DE13 8BX.
    That's interesting, it certainly used to be the Daventry one
    Thanks to all who post constructively.
    H
    ave an A1 day!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business