London - Best attractions paid using tesco clubcard

Going to London soon and got shedloads of tesco clubcard vouchers.

Which of these would you recommend?

Tour of London
London Bridge Experience
River Cruise
London Eye
Bus Tour Hop on Hop off
Cymru am Byth !!! :j:j:j

Comments

• susancs
    susancs Posts: 3,888 Forumite
    edited 8 June 2010 at 3:34PM
    paulfoel wrote: »

Tour of London
    London Bridge Experience
    River Cruise
    London Eye
    Bus Tour Hop on Hop off

The London Eye is good IMO and you can watch the 4d advertising type film of it which is beside the ticket office. You can also do the river cruise from by there too to the Tower or Greenwich.

A hop on and off bus tour often includes a river rover pass, so you may just be able to do this instead of getting the Cruise. I think the bus tour is a good idea if cheap enough with vouchers as you can visit the main sites in a day and also save on transport costs, as you could just get an oyster card (£3 deposit and top up as required) and it top up for a single journey to the bus and then use the bus to get around for the day.

The London Dungeons are good fun, if you do not have younger children with you and are not of a nervous disposition. I think they were on the Tesco club card deals under The Dungeons, rather than listed as London Dungeons. They give you a brief history with all the staff in character. Teenagers love this, if you are going with any.

I think the Tower Of London is good and worth a visit.

If going soon, it may be worth looking at theatre tickets as I seem to remember they had Grease, sister Act and Chicargo.

Also you might like London Zoo, which was also on Clubcard deals.

Hope that you have a fab time.
  • moomin75
    moomin75 Posts: 268
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Thinking of going to London too soon, can you do all of that with tesco vouchers? How much are the bus tours? and cruises? it all sunds very good.
    Thanks
  • susancs
    susancs Posts: 3,888 Forumite
    moomin75 wrote: »
    Thinking of going to London too soon, can you do all of that with tesco vouchers? How much are the bus tours? and cruises? it all sunds very good.
    Thanks

If you go on the clubcard deals site and click on the deal, you will see you usually get either a voucher for entry for a clubcard deals voucher price or get 4 times the value. Click on the information link and you will see how much the activity is and how much you would have to pay extra in cash e.g. If the activity was £25 and you had £5 in clubcard deals which you ordered in vouchers giving you £20 you would need to pay £5 on top of the vouchers.
  • moneypenny2k
    moneypenny2k Posts: 1,121
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Rather than use the tourist boats why not use the thames clipper commuter service http://www.thamesclippers.com/

You can buy a family ticket to jump on and off the boats all day for £25 for a family of 4

Ok you don't get the commentary but that's no big deal in my opinion.
  • paulfoel
    paulfoel Posts: 5,811
    Forumite
    moomin75 wrote: »
    Thanks

Cant remember exactly now but with Tescos vouchers you can get a £20 voucher for use in exchange for £5 worth of clubcard vouchers.

I think the bus tour was £25 pp, boat something like £17.
    Cymru am Byth !!! :j:j:j
  • loulou123
    loulou123 Posts: 1,183 Forumite
    paulfoel wrote: »

Tour of London
    London Bridge Experience
    River Cruise
    London Eye
    Bus Tour Hop on Hop off

London eye is definately worth going on, kind of thing that everyone should do once.

The London Bridge experiance is in two parts and the 2nd part is meant to be very scary - so i'd say it would depend upon if there are any children/nervous people going with you? (Never been in there, but im a chicken!)

Bus tour - never been on the London one, but i have been on the same thing in Dublin and it was a good way to see all of the sights without too much walking/hassle. Also saves money on travel.

Have never had an official tour of London or been on a river cruise so cant comment on those, but as susancs suggests you can access some parts of the river Thames by boat with the hop on bus tickets, so that may save you more money.
  • manutd99
    manutd99 Posts: 482
    Forumite
    Rather than use the tourist boats why not use the thames clipper commuter service http://www.thamesclippers.com/

You can buy a family ticket to jump on and off the boats all day for £25 for a family of 4

Ok you don't get the commentary but that's no big deal in my opinion.

Has anyone been on this one? How does it compare to the River cruise as prices seem very reasonable
  • hiwawy
    hiwawy Posts: 3 Newbie
    I used clubcard vouchers for the bus tour last time I was in London. Thought it was good value as you got a boat trip and walking tour thrown in too. Amused us for a whole day!
  • Threebabes
    Threebabes Posts: 1,271
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi

We were in London in April. We used our vouchers for madamme tussards, tower of london and the hop on/hop off bus. We also used them for spaghetti house, bella italia & planet hollywood. We saved a fortune using them.
  • mum26
    mum26 Posts: 1,485 Forumite
    manutd99 wrote: »
    Has anyone been on this one? How does it compare to the River cruise as prices seem very reasonable

We use these when we go to London, we love them actually and even used them to get from Westminster bridge right down to the O2! you see a surprising amount from the river and the route takes you right under Tower Bridge and gives excellent views of the Globe, Tower of London, Tate Modern etc etc, they also have toilets on board which make travelling with kids that bit easier, you can sit out in the open at the back of the boat too. They also have little snack/coffee bars on board too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure