Cancelling Vodafone Contract does it have to be written

Simon_B_2
Simon_B_2 Posts: 519 Forumite
They are informing me that it does but this seems like a bit of a drag and i can't remember having to do it before? :confused:

Also are there standard forms for this anywhere on the web?

Comments

• billymac
    billymac Posts: 142 Forumite
    You do have to write; here's the response I got when I asked what the process was. I sent the letter recorded delivery and had phone confirmation of receipt a week letter when they phoned me up to offer me a cheaper rental on renewal which I declined.

"Thank you for contacting the Vodafone Customer Service regarding the cancellation of your phone contract. I’m sorry to learn that you wish to leave Vodafone. To cancel your account, you will need to send us a 30-day written notice including the following information:

Name
    Account number
    Mobile number
    Payment Method
    Signature

You can send your notice to the address mentioned below:

Vodafone Disconnection Department
    Vodafone Ltd
    PO Box 549
    Banbury
    Oxon
    OX17 3ZJ

You can also fax it to us on 087 0161 6500.

Your cancellation request will be processed within 30 days from the day we receive your notice.

I want to tell you that you will be charged monthly rental until your account is cancelled.

If you are worried about the monthly bills you can also transfer your mobile number to Pay As You Talk and retain your existing mobile number. You will be able to use your same SIM card and phone. If you wish to transfer your number to Pay As You Talk, just mention this option in your written request.

Did you know that you can retain your existing mobile number and transfer it to another service provider? To transfer your number to another network you’ll need a PAC (Port Authorisation Code). Once the PAC is requested, it will be posted to you within 7 working days. It will be valid for 30 days from the date of issue.

When you receive it, you’ll need to advise your new service provider about the PAC, who’ll process it and provide you with a port date. As soon as your number ports to your new service provider your account with Vodafone will close.

If your PAC hasn’t been used your account with Vodafone will remain active until you instruct us further. You will then need to resend the cancellation request in writing to the above mentioned address or request the PAC if expired.

You’ll receive your final bill about 3 weeks after your number ports out and I would advise you not to cancel your Direct Debit until your final bill has been paid.

To get the PAC all you need to do is call 191 free from your phone or 08700 700191 from any fixed-line phone (Monday to Friday between 08:00 and 20:00, Saturday between 09:00 and 18:00, Sunday between 09:00 and 17:00) and select option 4 then 3."
  • Simon_B_2
    Thanks for that i'll fax it to them and chase it up on Friday saves the postage :beer:
  • strog25
    strog25 Posts: 32 Forumite
    Hi,

I am in the process of cancelling my contract with VF, (charging £1 per day for VF Live and other concerns!). I phoned them up and they said in writing or an email. So I sent an email yesterday morning to porting.out@vodafone.co.uk. By yesterday afternoon I had my PAC by return of email. So its off to T-Mobile this weekend for a new ohine and contract (Web'N'Walk 35).

No phone call from Vodafone as yet, cant see that they can match the T-Mobile Flex-T, webnWalk deals anyway, not with the free Evening and weekend calls.
  • Simon_B_2
    Cheers for that i'll email in my letter as well make sure that they have it from both angles i've moved to T-mobile to but there 3p text deal on PAYG, trying to cut costs a little been on it for nearly 3 months now and have yet to spend £10 :p
  • Rich_P_Biscuit
    Rich_P_Biscuit Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 1 May 2009 at 2:47PM
    Hello,
    I'm currently attempting to cancel my Vodafone contract so's I can get a shiny I-Phone from O2. (yes, I'm an idiot)
    I've e-mailed all the details I need to, (name, account number, payment method etc...), to the e-mail address listed in this thread,[EMAIL="porting.out@vodafone.co.uk"] (porting.out@vodafone.co.uk)[/EMAIL], but have yet to receive a reply from Vodafone. Is that e-mail still valid? I haven't received any messages via my hotmail to let me know otherwise so I'm guessing it's gone somewhere. Any tips to gee them up a bit?
    Also, do I have to wait until my contract has expired or will the 30 day notice thing override that? I'd rather not pay a cancellation fee.
    Thanks!
  • PNEfan
    PNEfan Posts: 215 Forumite
    First Post
    To avoid the 30 day notice, ring and ask for a PAC and transfer number (maybe to a PAYG sim with another network if you aren't transferring it to another contract). Vodafone take up to 7 days to send it to you in the post (unlike other networks that give it instantly over the phone), but once you use it the account stops instantly. Porting now only takes 2 days. If you have credit on your final bill because you pay in advance, you can ask Vodafone to pay you back. They do this by bank transfer to the account your DD comes from.
  • KettleFish_2
    KettleFish_2 Posts: 95 Forumite
    As mentioned, you CAN email your cancellation request. Simply send an email via the routine contact form.
  • Stubert
    Stubert Posts: 733 Forumite
    When I cancelled my Vodafone contract, just asked to be moved to PAYG. Just had to give 30 days notice over the phone and it was done.
  • OK thanks for suggestions. I basically just want to leave Vodafone as quickly as possible without incurring any charges. The switching to PAYG idea sounds good, I might give that a try.

Is it unusual that I've heard nothing from the e-mail address, porting.out@vodafone.co.uk though? I don't want to confuse the issue by telling them to do two different things.

Thanks again for the help.
  • soppy05
    soppy05 Posts: 1 Newbie
    hi there, im wondering if anyone can help me or give me some advice i got my vodafone contract last march it is a 24 month contract i was with my daughters father then and working. My circumstances have changed iam now a single parant and struggling to keep on top of all my bills i really need to get out of this contract as i have so many bills to pay. im just totally un sure of what to do as i dont want to get any further behind with my payments and im worried that im going to end up in debt.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure