Asda Complaint

I complained to Asda recently following a home delivery shop but despite their promises they seem to be ignoring me. Is this typical of Asda ?

I spoke with their home shopping manager at the store on the day of my delivery and she was very helpful but the promised " I will take some money off your shopping" never happened and then when I spoke to her at a later date, once she had got me to say that "I would shop at Asda again", the "I will get some money refunded" turned into "you can have £10 off your next shop".

I have written to the store twice now (well actually 3 times if you count the letter to the store manager) and no response has been received so I am now sending yet another letter.

I just get the impression that because Asda offer such good prices and have so many customers flying through their doors each day that one little person complaining about a few things doesn't matter.....

Comments

• adr0ck
    adr0ck Posts: 2,374
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    i would send a letter to head office

Customer Services,
    ASDA House,
    Southbank,
    Great Wilson Street,
    Leeds,
    LS11 5AD

and also copy the same letter and email it to head office

http://www.asda.co.uk/corp/customer_service/contact_us.html

if you send them both at the same time, you may get two different responses both with a couple of pounds voucher cards enclosed

(worked for us)

I must say i usually find it best to make my complaint as entertaining as possible (give the customer services people a laugh) i think they must see enough complaint letters if you see what i mean
  • mrsv05
    mrsv05 Posts: 823 Forumite
    i had to re-send same email (after speaking to them several times) over 20 times before i got a response. just keep bombarding them with complaints. awful company to deal with
    A happy wife, and mum to 2 lovely little boys :j
  • Yep,sounds like Asda to me, really poor customer service. E-mailed them a few times about a complaint and haven't heard anything from them.
    I hate migraines.
  • thanks for this I need to contact them
  • Asda CS is atrocious. Head Office isn't much better either.
  • Skint_Catt
    Skint_Catt Posts: 11,548 Forumite
    They are lovely if you actually go in store. We had some carrots which smelled of mildew and I took them back - they gave me a refund plus a replacement product.
  • adr0ck
    adr0ck Posts: 2,374
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Skint_Catt wrote: »
    They are lovely if you actually go in store. We had some carrots which smelled of mildew and I took them back - they gave me a refund plus a replacement product.

ive always found the opposite

instore service = useless (couldn't care less)

whereas head office have always written back etc etc
  • mykitten
    mykitten Posts: 77 Forumite
    :mad::mad::mad:

sums up my mood

Ordered a whole load of shopping off ASDA, they were late, i had to go out so got someone else to sit in.

When I got back home noticed the order was completely wrong. So telephoned customer service number, sorry sorry sorry we will phone the store I called at 3:50 and waited until 4:30 and called back as Id head nothing. "We called you back", er no the mobile has been at my side and no missed calls! Re read my number to the chap 4 times to make sure he knew my telephone number. Ok he says will phone the store and will phone you back. Im still waiting! By this time i was fuming and went out with my guests, who i now have to take out as none of the delivery came to feed them!.

9:50am sunday phone asda customer service. No logs of my previous call very sorry, Although she asks for my mobile as a security question and says it is correct! So I am once again waiting for a return call.

I wouldnt mind if the order was good but its full of junk food and I bought loads of healthy stuff :rotfl:

Ive emailed the customer service lot twice last night, going to nag again today and have drafted another letter. THIS IS A DISGRACE!!!

No more ASDA shopping for me.
  • saintscouple
    saintscouple Posts: 4,319
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere (please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].
  • brightonman123
    brightonman123 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    if you have sufferred a financial loss, give them 7days written notice to issue a refund andto avoid court action, then carry out the threat. only if enough people do it will they take notice.
    Long time away from MSE, been dealing real life stuff..
    Sometimes seen lurking on the compers forum :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure