The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Beware karcheroutlet.co.uk

loztiggy
loztiggy Posts: 355 Forumite
edited 21 February 2011 at 10:47AM in Praise, vent & warnings
I ordered a Pressure washer from karcheroutlet.co.uk on december 16th, after numerous emails and calls advising nothing had arrived I finally received it on January 10th, and it was smashed to pieces.

I called the company up and they sent parcelforce round to collect the unit, And assured me another would arrive soon, yet nothing has come.

I have sent numerous emails since and had no reply, and when I call them nobody answers the phone. This has gone on for days now. Its as if they have dissappeared off the face of the earth.

So word of warning, DONT USE karcheroutlet.co.uk, Unless you are fond of losing money or being messed about.

I am just about to try and do a visa debit chargeback.

Comments

• not a very nice looking website either even though they are registered in the uk.. Ideal world have these on all the time and yes its more money but you get the full kit with extension hoses and everything.. So please i got mine as cleaning the car is a bit much with out one.
    "If you no longer go for a gap, you are no longer a racing driver" - Ayrton Senna
  • loztiggy
    Hiya, the one I bought was a refurbished one, you got the bits and a patio cleaner extention with it (which i still have as he told me just to send back the unit itself), was only £40. I only actually need it to clean my back yard once a month or so, so dont really need a all singing all dancing one, just cant believe nobody answers the phones for days on end so im beginning to wonder if they have gone bust or something.
  • loztiggy
    Found similar reviews from the last few days, same story, I am guessing they have gone bust or something.
  • ictiger
    ictiger Posts: 19 Forumite
    many thanks for the tip off;
    I wanted some accessories for a karcher steam cleaner (Karcher customer services was less than helpful and expensive :(
    anyway, after reading these comments and before placing the order at cleanstore (which was far cheaper than Karcher ) I filled in cleanstore's "contact us form and we'll reply within 15 minutes" on the web last Monday. A v. helpful guy called Mark called back within 10 minutes - he took the order and reassured me it would be delivered by Wednesday - all the items were actually delivered on Thursday. hope this helps
  • loztiggy
    I got mine eventually. It is really scruffy and well well used, and will only work for 5 minutes before needing a rest. Contacted them back and they couldnt care less, they didnt respond to my emails, calls or anything.

I would Excersise caution with this company.
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,219
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Forumite
    I would email Karcher and let them know what's happening at the outlet that's using there name, they might be able to help you, Karcher service has been very good from my experience

http://www.karcher.de/uk/contact.htm
  • loztiggy
    Good Idea Deanos. :)
  • loztiggy
    Reported it to Karcher, and got a phonecall today from the outlet, offering me a free upgrade to a better model! Thanks deanos.
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,219
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Forumite
    loztiggy wrote: »
    Reported it to Karcher, and got a phonecall today from the outlet, offering me a free upgrade to a better model! Thanks deanos.

Great service , glad its sorted :j
  • kevykat
    kevykat Posts: 13 Forumite
    wish i seen this before.
    Just spent £130 on this site. opened the box and took out the washer, heaps of rattling about inside, opened it up incase it was a stone or something. Unfort it was not, the inside was totally smashed up and water !!!!ing out of it. this is totally pathetic. away to email karcher direct
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure