Positive Input Ventilation System

2»

Comments

• muckybutt
    muckybutt Posts: 3,761 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    tunster wrote: »
    Hi sparky101 have you anymore info on the piv system? I just got a quote locally for £6k?? Seems way too much for my budget.If i can buy a unit somewhere i will install it myself. Can anyone tell me where to buy and how much i should pay.

Why comment on a thread from last year never mind 2007 ???

Would have been easier to start a new thread as it avoids confusion as is more upto date.

Anyhow all you need to do is google whole house ventilation, there are many systems available and even the heat recovery ones are less than the £6k you have been quoted.
    You may click thanks if you found my advice useful
  • muckybutt wrote: »
    Why comment on a thread from last year never mind 2007 ???

Commented on the thread cos i need one now! Does it matter when the thread was posted? Last week,last year- 2007!
    All i want is a decent price for a system.
  • Hi tunster,

I think 6k is way too much. I am about to install one of these and it shouldn't cost more than few hundred pounds + fitting.

Google preservationsupplies and have a look at the condensation control units.

I hope it helps.
  • I have had a Nuaire loft mounted PIV for several years. It does work - the condensation has gone away. However my family constantly moan about the cold air being pumped in from the loft. In the winter it is very cold.
  • For those considering this method of ventilation, here is a report by the Building Research Establishment. Seems positive. As a new user I am not allowed to post links so if you want to read it, cut and paste it to your browser.

projects.bre.co.uk/positivevent/index.html

From personal experience, and picking up on a post by another member;-
    I live in a 1930's art deco apartment block. Some flats have condensation problems and others do not. The ones which do have the problems invariably have blocked up the fire places in their living rooms.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure