Lost counterpart of driving Licence

jodie
jodie Posts: 364 Forumite
Can anyone help me?

My hubby got caught speeing so has recieved a letter saying he has to send his Licence and counterpart off to get the points put on, I have lost his counterpart, searched for days and cannot find it, anyone know what I can do?

Comments

• MercilessKiller
    MercilessKiller Posts: 7,143 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Try and make an emergency appointment at the DVLA office? Would get done on the spot then
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
    - Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
    [/FONT]
  • If you are sending it to DVLA just tell them it has been lost, or you can ask for a duplicate over the phone (only if you have got a photo lic already) but tell them you have lost both parts of licence or they will make you apply with a D1 application form, ask them to send it back 1st class you should receive it within 2-3 days, hope this helps.;)
  • Jo6673
    Jo6673 Posts: 825 Forumite
    They make you pay- my friend had to the other day and it cost the same for card and paper as it does for paper alone- think it was £19
    :A 17/10/07-Started Rosemary Conley :A
    Total loss so far= 4 stone 7lbs!
    In the magazine Sept 08
    :T
  • A duplicate now costs £22 from 1st May;)
  • I Have just been onto to DVLA and the lady told me I had to apply for both now and cannot recieve just the counterpart, should take upto 10 days but will be in post 1st class tomorrow so I expect to recieve it within 2 days at a cost of £20 ordered over the phone using a debit card. What makes me laugh is the fact that police check all your details at the road side and confirm insurance tax registration licence etc and still ask you to produce !! so whats that all about in this 20th century... hurry up Judge Dread lol lol
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure