Villa Renters.com

2»

Comments

• I believe that if you pay by credit card you will be covered by section 75. That's what I would assume anyway. It's paying by credit card that's the clincher, not the site you use. This is what I have been led to believe.
  • Jelliebeen wrote: »
    I believe that if you pay by credit card you will be covered by section 75. That's what I would assume anyway. It's paying by credit card that's the clincher, not the site you use. This is what I have been led to believe.

Yeh I'd have assumed that too, but I saw that quote in Martin's article saying that if you're paying an intermediattary then you're not covered by section 75? Does anyone have a definate answer about section 75 and chargeback in this case?

Thanks
  • Anyone know?
  • You are still protected if you pay with a credit card the site doesn't matter.

There is another website that offers booking of private villas and they're cheaper than villarenters. Called VIPvillas.com

Top end villas on there!!:A
  • joolsybools
    joolsybools Posts: 1,595 Forumite
    Jelliebeen wrote: »
    My parents advertise on holidaylettings.co.uk. I also use it to book s/c holidays. Works like Owners Direct, where the booking goes straight to the owner and is not dealt with by a middleman. I see this thread has been resurrected, but may be of use to people now as well.

I'd second holiday lettings used several times now and been fine. I have stayed in the same place about 4 times and 'landlord' been very good. Another time stayed at a place and the 'landlord' was a bit of a numpty but he was clearly new to it and didn't have a clue.

Please beware of people posting 'recommendations' who have only posted on this site a few times. Not that I'm a cynic! :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure