Why is Orange so bad at letting you know your remaining minutes?

2»

Comments

• Tony5101
    Tony5101 Posts: 1,589 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I know this is an old topic but i wish orange would change it.

Dial 150, press 1, press 1, please wait, press 1 (hear minutes), press 1 (hear texts), press 1, (hear data).

Vodafone was much easier, dial 191, press 1, press 1, press 1. Hang up. And you get a text with all the details.

Agree with the Vodafone comment, however, they're still massively behind with their usage information :(
  • seaniboy
    seaniboy Posts: 1,435 Forumite
    It's nowt more than a ploy for you to overspend....3 broke the mould with more than price plans, they started up to minute billing but sadly poor customer care standards, the other nets followed suit where they wanted.
    If I helped or saved you money - Thank me
    If I helped you spend some money - spank me
    If I done both - :lipsrseal me:eek:
    :D
    ;)
  • Jon_01
    Jon_01 Posts: 5,870 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    seaniboy wrote: »
    It's nowt more than a ploy for you to overspend....3 broke the mould with more than price plans, they started up to minute billing but sadly poor customer care standards, the other nets followed suit where they wanted.

As much as I hate to disagree, its not really. The billing systems don't run in real time. With over 14 million active acc's they lag.
  • Jomo
    Jomo Posts: 8,253 Forumite
    Orange are just 'poor', end of!
  • liubeliu
    liubeliu Posts: 311 Forumite
    Ditto, love the My3 section on Planet 3. It is always useful to know how many minutes left
  • secretmsg
    secretmsg Posts: 230 Forumite
    what about tescos?? anyone have any idea or experience with tesco network,how long it takes to update remaining minutes.
  • Tony5101
    Tony5101 Posts: 1,589 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Jon_01 wrote: »
    As much as I hate to disagree, its not really. The billing systems don't run in real time. With over 14 million active acc's they lag.

The billing systems should run in real-time though...If 3 can manage it, I would have thought that the so called 'market-leaders' should be able to.
    This has become more and more necessary, particularly for data usage and excess 'out of bundle' charges etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure